Media and External Communications, Manager, Corporate Affairs, EMEA
Are you an experienced media and public affairs professional looking for a platform to take your career to the next level, supporting an innovative, entrepreneurial and growing global financial services business?
We are recruiting an experienced Media and External Communications Manager to work within our Group's Corporate Affairs team, with a specific focus on the businesses in EMEA. Working collaboratively across the Corporate Affairs team and our wider stakeholders you will focus on the following areas:
- Manage regional media and external communications, including transaction announcements, and other public statements, incoming enquiries, meetings and government relations activity
- Manage a programme of external engagement for the business and providing counsel on issues
- Develop relationships with journalists and managing day-to-day interactions with them, supporting the EMEA press office function
- Work closely with the Corporate Affairs colleagues, including the Head of Government Affairs EMEA, on government affairs, policy and related marketing campaigns
- Maintain an overview of our media activity globally, working closely with Corporate Affairs colleagues in other regions and supporting as required
- Write content for the media, press releases, thought leadership and other stakeholder communications
To thrive in this role you will have five or more years of experience of working directly in a media and public affairs role and ideally experience in financial services, infrastructure or energy sectors/media. You will demonstrate exceptional judgement, awareness of media and strong commercial understanding. We will be interested in your writing skills, attention to detail, ability to work independently as well as part of the team. This is a highly collaborative team who have built exceptional relationships with their internal and external stakeholders. Your credibility, relationship building and communication skills will be critical for your success in this role.
If you are looking for a dynamic role in a fast-paced, high performing environment, apply today. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.