Media Relations Executive
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Media Relations Executive to work as part of Schroders in-house Media Relations Team reporting to the Head of Media Relations.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients and society to prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
Schroders Media Relations team is responsible for Schroders public image and overall relationship with the media. The team focusses on all aspects of media relations and implementing the Schroders group media relations strategy on both specific product and thematic campaigns, building relationships with journalists from key publications in order to disseminate our messages to our target media.
We work with a range of journalists across the media landscape, from titles targeted at retail and consumer investors to ESG focussed institutional investor titles, with each requiring a different tone and focus.
The team sits centrally in the business, and therefore operates with all business areas from Investment to Technology, with opportunities to work closely with senior management across the business.
The role of Media Relations Executive offers brilliant relationship building opportunities within the business, through exposure to stakeholders at all levels of the company, incorporating regular communication with marketing teams and the digital communications team.
The Media Relations team at Schroders is the ideal place for an individual to build upon their skills and experience in a global communications role, whilst learning about the key aspects of media relations within a FTSE100 company.
What you'll do
• Provide support to the wider media relations team including project research, media relations networking events, engagements and social media
• Develop and maintain a set of PR support and analytics tools, by trialling and on-boarding new digital platforms and solutions, as the team's requirements change and new solutions become available
• Researching, writing and editing press releases, which are used to clearly and consistently disseminate core corporate messages, such as our investment capabilities and business changes, to key media outlets
• Maintaining the Media Relations portion of Schroders.com, ensuring that content is kept up to date and business announcements are posted in line with their release to the media
• Provide diary management and support to the Head of Media Relations as required
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• This role requires a self-starting team player with a professional and confident manner, enthusiasm and a desire to undertake a variety of tasks and develop new skills, along with the ability to prioritise their own workload
• Organisation is key to this role, as a typical day incorporates many small tasks, which need to be organised and prioritized as appropriate
• You must be able to demonstrate an excellent command of the English language and be able to write clear, compelling and concise communications
• A general understanding of computers is required, with understanding of HTML code and web analytics desirable for the digital marketing elements of the job
• Relationship building within the business is critical to this role, as is the ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner, exercise judgement and to remain calm under pressure
• Strong communication skills and the ability to support and work effectively as part of a team
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that might help
• Financial services experience in media relations
• 12 months + in-house or PR agency experience
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• A 'can-do' attitude and a team-player
• Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
• Great at working with other people
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.