Matlab Research Engineer
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading fund, trading globally across major macro asset classes, where you will draw on your excellent academics, your Matlab expertise and your strong programming skills.
This is a high impact, front-office role, where you will work closely with exceptional macro economists, investment professionals and technologists. There is the opportunity for a huge amount of ownership as you contribute to this new research team responsible for providing data and economic models that directly enable traders to make the best-informed decisions.
The successful Research Engineer will be technically strong, but will also have statistical skills and the ability to talk to traders.
Work will typically involve:
- convert early-stage models into production-quality outputs
- write robust code to enable existing or new models to be developed into scalable applications
- maintain and develop the research modelling platform, making improvements to output sharing where applicable
***All interviews and start dates will be fully remote*** Requirements:
- Strong academic background with minimum 2:1 in a STEM subject from top-tier university
- 3+ years' Matlab experience, plus 2+ years' Python
- Sound programming and technology skills
- Solid experience of producing statistical forecasting models in production environment
- Front-office exposure in financial services and/or Python libraries (NumPy, Pandas, Dask, etc.) experience is a plus
- Thrive in a collaborative working environment, where everyone can significantly impact the team and wider organisation
- Strong emphasis on professional and personal development
- Generous benefits package - on-site facilities, healthcare, dental, pension, etc.
up to £130-140k + bonus Contact
If this sounds like you or you would like to know more, please get in touch: Andy Stirling-Martin