- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
Markit EDM & ADS Senior Manager
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 25 Apr 19
Markit EDM & ADS Senior Manager
Working with M&G Prudential as a Markit EDM and ADS Senior Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As a member of the Finance Systems and Change Team you will report to the Head of Finance Systems & Change, working within the newly created M&G Prudential Enterprise IT Function. FSC support and develop the end to end Finance system applications, ensuring that changes and enhancements are co-ordinated, performed and tested in line with user requirements.
The Asset Data Store (ADS) is a solution built using the IHS Markit EDM (Markit EDM) software to address external and internal asset and market data reporting requirements, including Market Data Pack (MDP) and Solvency II Pillar III asset returns. This system receives data from Business Units (BUs) for asset data as well as third party data sources for market data. The (ADS), supports M&G Prudential Group detailed asset reporting and is key to delivering regulatory asset reporting requirements under Solvency II. It also provides data for UK actuarial modelling, production of the Market data pack, daily pricing and daily Solvency monitoring and MI reporting on asset data such as supporting the Group credit risk limits framework. It provides an asset owner view of data on an Account Book of Records (ABoR) basis.
The ADS team is responsible for delivering application support, development and technical change management of the ADS system to support the growing requirements of the Finance Data Management Team and other stakeholders within the M&G Prudential business.
You will manage a team of 5 people (2 development, a support analyst, a senior systems change lead and a system test analyst) and will plan, support, co-ordinate and deliver all stages of systems and process changes for the Markit EDM based Asset Data Store (ADS) application.
The role would suit someone with strong experience in asset system analysis and change management
- Take ownership of the platform and engage with senior Finance management to evolve the ADS strategy
- Act as Solutions Architect for the system defining resolutions for all levels of system change
- Responsible for development and scope management of business change requests
- Develop and actively manage appropriate controls and sign off processes across the Markit EDM application
- Manage the data that is stored within the system according to formally documented standards
- Be accountable for the security of the data and ensure access controls are tight and well documented
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their requirements but also to ensure their requirements are technically feasible; assess potential solutions using SME expertise and manage stakeholder expectations to ensure they are aware of any limitations
- Manage people with varied skillsets across differing roles in the development lifecycle, being able to translate requirements and inspire the team to ensure quality delivery
- Organise changes to ensure delivery is prioritised and phased to align to Data Management Team (DMT) user requirements
- Define the plans, development life cycle and release processes for the application
- Manage the schedule of the developers to ensure that they are working in alignment to the overall schedule of change.
- Engage fully with the broader M&G Prudential Financial Reporting systems teams ensuring close collaboration
- Co-ordinate and oversee reporting change requests, working with UK DMT to ensure that their specification meets the requirements of the Qlik Sense development team
- Lead the stakeholder management required in the delivery of reporting change requests from the business
- Proactively seek ways in which the ADS solution could bring efficiencies or satisfy additional scope requirements, whilst endeavouring to keep costs low
- Lead upgrade projects managing supplementary resources as required
- Provide leadership and oversee that the business requirements are translated to technical requirement and to the appropriate level of detail giving right and correct level of information on data items for the development team to build the solution
- Co-ordinate integration changes from the ADS perspective with the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and QMR applications
You will have:
- Solid experience with all aspects of system change management
- Extensive experience business analysis and documentation
- HP Quality Centre experience or Atlassian Jira experience (Essential)
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience in writing queries and scripts through SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2016
- Experience of working with testing content management systems and automation tools
- Strong data analysis skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Broad understanding of the investment industry
- Broad understanding of investment products including derivatives
- Insurance and regulatory framework especially Solvency II
- ITIL, Prince 2 and PMI
- Knowledge of IHS Markit EDM (Markit EDM)
- Advanced Word
- Ability to use basic SQL to investigate data
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley