Markets Business Controls & Supervision - Project Senior Analyst (SVP)
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, the Markets and Securities Services business continues to enhance the Business Control and Supervision (BCS) function.
This role will report to the BCS Project Manager and will support the build of new and enhancement of existing front office controls, trade booking and related oversight processes within an integrated infrastructure. This will include development of strategic solutions to enhance and monitor controls and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with firm Policy and Standards (eg. legal entity authorisation, usage and trading book oversight controls) through the development/enhancement and implementation of efficient control and supervisory tools. A key focus of this role will be remediation of control weaknesses including self-identified, internal audit raised and regulatory matters, for example, the development and implementation of trade booking preventative controls.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, seasoned professional with an in-depth knowledge of traded products combined with a clear understanding of front office controls to make a difference and shape our Global Markets business for the future. The incumbent will need to work with the Business and various other groups including Technology, Market Risk and Finance to deliver on both tactical and strategic trade booking controls solutions.
• Leading various Front Office Controls and Supervision project workstreams engaged in the development/enhancement and rollout of solutions to enable effective monitoring and oversight of trading activity (eg. controls over trading books (ie. firm accounts) and compliance with legal entity booking authorities)
• Expanding existing controls capabilities with the development and/or enhancement of tactical interim tools and input into the design of strategic monitoring solutions in line with our future vision
• Being accountable to the successful delivery of assigned program(s) and results through cross-functional collaboration, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies to drive execution
• Facilitating resolution and maintaining momentum on deliverables by identifying and removing barriers and driving issues to timely resolution
• Driving innovative analysis and provide regular updates on progress; manage risks and issues
• Risk based assessments to identify significant operational and regulatory risks with associated Front Office processes and the design and implementation of effective and efficient controls to mitigate these
• Communicating to a wide variety of audiences from stakeholders, peers and management. Interacting with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures
• Ensuring Program Sponsors and stakeholders are regularly engaged for input/consultation; providing transparent and timely reporting to all stakeholders
• Ensuring the appropriate change management, project documentation, stakeholder engagement and communication plans are kept up to date for the assigned program(s) Qualifications - Internal
Qualifications and skills required or skills to be developed within the role:
• Undergraduate degree required.
• Proven experience in delivering multiple change-related projects
• Strong influence management and relationship skills
• Leadership skills in bringing together processes that include different businesses, regions and support functions.
• Specific subject matter expertise in global markets traded products including downstream processing practices and related control principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews
• Experience in a Markets/ICG control related roles
• Demonstrated strong business maturity in past roles
• Global mindset, with regional/product understanding
• Strong Financial skills, analytical skills, strategic planning and problem solving skills
• Good with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .