Marketing & Communcations Manager - Level 4/AVP
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to join the Corporate Marketing team at State Street which has oversight of all activities across a complex global matrix of subsidiaries.State Street
Background and Role summary
The Marketing Manager role sits within Global Marketing’s Strategic Marketing and Sales Enablement team to support business unit marketing sales team messaging/communications/campaigns and event activities for various State Street business units and client sectors.
In thisfull-time position you will be developing and implementing long- and short-term marketing strategies (including marketing and communication activities and integrated theme campaigns). You will be required to work with the wider marketing team members and business unit/sales teams to define marketing objectives and plans and execute on those plans.The broad scope of tasks requires you to interact with various departments coordinating the efforts of marketing team members and if necessary third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the projects according to plan.
As a successful candidate you are highly organized a proactive team players who bring positivity and continuous support to those around them. Working across multiple divisions your ability to collaborate foster relationships and suggest solutions is essential.
Your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage marketing programme/campaign development from beginning to end including budget management strategy development tactics execution and reporting under the direction of the Marketing Account Manager.
- Oversee and coordinate the Marketing Account Management function in EMEA to define project scope goals and deliverables that support business in collaboration with respective senior management teams and stakeholders.
- Liaise closely with sales and relationship management to determine the trending sales themes and individual deals that require higher touch messaging new innovative technology delivery techniques and strategic marketing solutions.
- Work with marketing channels to execute on marketing activities including events online communications brand/advertising editorial partnerships/sponsorships.
- Perform support duties including; database management reporting and analytics maintaining marketing materials managing sales and marketing software tools
- Facilitate the planning implementation and tracking of specific marketing campaigns and initiatives including tracking project milestones and deliverables
- Estimate the resources timescales and participants needed to achieve marketing plans and project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals for marketing initiatives and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Initiate and maintain communication with all marketing channels (e.g. creative employee communications PR events editorial) clients (both internal and external) and vendors.
You will need a proven track record of:
- 5-7 years relevant marketing and communications experience preferably in a financial services organisation.
- Significant experience in content creation.
- A degree-level education.
- Experience managing marketing projects: online communications events brand/advertising editorial partnerships/sponsorships. This entails a good understanding of all marketing channels including interactive and social media.
- Working and communicating with senior levels in an organization together.
- Working in matrix structures and cross cultural environments with an ability to operate on their own as part of a team and globally.
- Ensuring that the highest level of the integrity and ethical behaviour is continuously adhered to.
- Flexible hours may be required to manage projects across regions / time zones .
- Strong communication skills – your role will include presentations to business stakeholders.
- Project management and a good understanding of marketing deliverables and timeframes.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word Excel PowerPoint Outlook)
- Strategic critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated accuracy and high attention to detail.
- You will need to be sensitive to the ways of working within a large organization acting professionally with all internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and customer responsiveness skills and have the ability to communicate in a pro-active and professional manner.
- Experience in writing and editing copy (not essential but a plus).
- Experience in digital platforms and social media tools (not essential but a plus).
- Familiarity with SEO and keyword research best practices (not essential but a plus).
- Experience with Adobe Suite is a plus (not essential but a plus).