Marketing Strategist, DACH
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Marketing Strategist for the DACH region is a newly created role at the firm. This individual will serve as a strategic thought partner for our client facing team as we expand and deepen relationships with clients and prospects in this important part of our business. The Marketing Strategist will lead the strategy and execution of the channel marketing strategy to position and promote the firm's reputation, branding, investment capabilities and products in the DACH region across the institutional and wealth channels. This individual will be responsible for creating effective and inspirational marketing plans and activities, overseeing the delivery and execution, and assessing effectiveness This position will work in very close collaboration with colleagues in sales, relationship management as well as within our regional and global marketing team.
The candidate is expected to bring extensive regional knowledge and experience in working with different investor types, various investment strategies and multiple marketing disciplines, including product positioning for buyers in the region, PR & communications, campaign development, thought leadership, and insight development. RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and execution of marketing plans to both improve awareness and adoption of our capabilities and products across the DACH region; specifically with financial intermediaries, retail, pension schemes, institutional consultants and family offices.
- Leverage internal and external sources to gather product, channel and competitor insights with the goal of providing recommendations to drive distribution and market share.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends and industry developments specific to the business area.
- Create targeted messaging outreach to support the business and continually build the brand utilising the full marketing mix: content, digital, email, events, PR and media.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in proactively recommending and implementing marketing solutions.
- Manage budget and internal resources effective with focus on activities that will have the greatest impact.
- Employ a data-driven approach and communicate progress and lessons learned to internal stakeholders.
- Work with PR/corporate communications to ensure channel alignment and implementation of messages in a timely and effective manner.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Extensive experience in institutional and/or intermediary marketing within the investment management industry, a portion of which should include direct management, development, and execution of marketing communication plans and initiatives.
- Demonstrated success developing DACH channel marketing initiatives that increase brand awareness and sales.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management/organizational skills, including ability to multi-task, be consistently responsive, and manage changing priorities while meeting often strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to interact effectively and professionally with creative teams, senior executives, internal business partners, external clients and external vendors.
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity; continuously seek out ways to improve upon and elevate effective marketing strategies.
- Passion for working in a creative and collaborative environment.
- Experience of working as a part of a global team where team members are based in multiple global offices.
- Understanding of the marketplace - Including regulatory and legislative landscape.
- Fluent in German essential - spoken and written.
- Knowledge of UCITS and local fund ranges marketing rules across Europe.
Marketing Strategist, DACH LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .