- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 18 Jan 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base plus bonus and benefits
- Full time
Job Description This position sits within the UK marketing teams which encompasses Discretionary, Advisory, FISA (Financial Institutions and Strategic Accounts), End Investors and Institutional (DB, DC, Insurance, Fiduciary Management and Consultant Relations) channels. The role requires a technical, critical and analytical mind as a largeJob Description
This position sits within the UK marketing teams which encompasses Discretionary, Advisory, FISA (Financial Institutions and Strategic Accounts), End Investors and Institutional (DB, DC, Insurance, Fiduciary Management and Consultant Relations) channels.
The role requires a technical, critical and analytical mind as a large component of the position will be evolving the tracking, monitoring, reporting and analysis of data for email communications and other marketing initiatives as they arise. Helping to form a strategy for this analysis is important so we can ensure email communications are as effective and engaging as possible. This will involve testing/projects with Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud to gain insight into optimising our communication strategy.
As a member of the UK Marketing team the holder will be expected to assist with aspects of marketing to end consumers, prospects, institutional clients and intermediaries. Marketing can include advertising, invitations, event organisation and production of literature, webconferences, presentations and online digital assets. Part of the role will also be to approve presentations from a compliance and brand perspective which are used for sales meetings and events.
This role requires the building of relationships with other areas of the business including UK Discretionary and Advisory Sales, Sales Administration, Fund Managers, and Product Teams.
The job holder has responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that the information provided to clients on products and services is clear and useful and enables them to understand fully what they are being offered. They are required to familiarise themselves fully with the team’s current procedures, FSA compliance requirements, and the principles behind ‘Treating Customers Fairly’.
As well as meeting regulatory requirements, the holder must ensure output is efficiently delivered, high quality and enhances the existing strong marketing team.
Working for a global asset manager, the holder should also have a genuine interest in investing and at least 5 years of marketing experience within financial services.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Emails – Composing and sending email communications on behalf of the wider UK Marketing team – regular email blasts as well as ad hoc emails, thought pieces and invitations. Create and issue monthly e-newsletters and other ad-hoc communications e.g. invitations to fund manager lunches and thought pieces.
- Analysis, tracking, reporting on email stats - CTR, open rates, bounce rates, page views, engagement etc.
- Presentations – Work with product teams to manage the creation, sign off and delivery of presentations for day-to-day use by the Intermediary sales team (weekly meetings predominantly) and for events aimed at the channel audiences.
- Webconferences – Help to manage the process of webconferences, including set-up, presentation approval and internal summary email – 2-3 per month.
- Update commentaries, Investment Trust/Unit Trust adviser and consumer factsheets.
- Assistance on other marketing projects within the wider UK marketing team which may arise.
- Good writing and copywriting skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- A results and action orientated approach; ability to drive projects through to completion delivering clearly defined results or impact
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbally
- Effective knowledge of email platform and CRM – ideally Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience working with Financial Clarity, Citywire Goldmine and other third party communication tools
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Illustrator)
- Completed the IMC or equivalent
- CIM or other marketing qualifications
The job holder must:
- Ensure all materials produced have been through the appropriate compliance sign off process, are effective, appropriate for the audience and up to date.
- As an active member of the UK Marketing team, contribute to the team’s overall planning and delivery process, supporting colleagues where necessary.
- Work in as efficient a manner as possible, identifying better working practices, and assist the Head of UK Marketing in ensuring that support to the team is of the highest quality at all times.
- Experience in the financial sector and preferably in asset management marketing with an understanding of the UK market (intermediary and consumer) and with a genuine interest in financial markets).
- A mind-set that is curious, technical, analytical and seeks to identify new approaches to continue to evolve best-in-class marketing activities while remaining commercially aware.