Marketing Manager: Savings & High Income
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Retail deposits are one of the Bank’s core source of funding and the Savings & High Income business provides the bank with these retail deposits. The purpose of this role is to provide key marketing support to this critical business within the bank. With the opportunity to support on broader Private Bank marketing projects and initiatives.
Main Purpose of Role
The role sits as part of the Private Bank Marketing function, within the Client Marketing Team, supporting all marketing requirements from the Savings & High Income team. Marketing support for this team includes the acquisition of new retail deposit clients (client acquisition) and the retention of existing retail deposit clients (client engagement). The Savings & High Income marketing manager will lead, own and execute the marketing strategy for this team, with the support of the wider specialist functions within the Private Bank Marketing team.
The Savings and High Income business operates a ‘digital first’ model. All clients are acquired online and clients are encouraged to use the Investec App to self-service. The Savings & High Income marketing manager must be versed in advanced digital marketing to drive and maintain digital adoption.
All marketing activity should be measured and reviewed to ensure the continuous improvement and long term profitability of all initiatives. You must be both proactive and reactive, with a strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
This role offers a great opportunity for the right individual to develop and execute the marketing strategy for this vital area of the business, providing a perfect platform into the bank. Working closely with experienced stakeholders, you will benefit from a wealth of industry knowledge, with mentors that genuinely care about your career development. In return you will be required to bring first class marketing expertise to the team. You should be comfortable managing several campaigns and initiatives at any one time, must be able to think strategically and understand how the campaigns that you initiate relate to and support the wider business strategy.
▪ Represent and champion the Savings & High Income business within the wider Private Bank Marketing team
▪ Formulate an overall Savings & High Income marketing plan that meets both stakeholder expectations and the commercial objectives of the business
▪ Develop and execute cross channel marketing campaigns that deliver defined acquisition, penetration and retention targets to ensure funding objectives are achieved
▪ Develop and execute cross channel client centric campaigns to deliver defined business objectives (ie Register for Investec Online)
▪ Utilise agency resource to devise creative/messaging and manage the creative development process with a range of approved partners
▪ Ensure appropriate marketing effectiveness measures, analytics and ROI tracking is in place across all activity
▪ Actively pursue continuous improvement to enhance quality, reduce cost of acquisition and deliver enhanced client experience
▪ Lead on the budgeting process for Savings & High Income marketing and track all spend
▪ Responsible for all BAU legal and rate updates to existing online and offline collateral to ensure it is technically accurate and meets regulatory requirements
▪ Comply with a risk framework and governance process, making sure all work follows the defined legal and compliance sign off procedure
▪ Actively communicate all relevant stakeholders capturing buy-in for activity and keeping the Savings & High Income team informed of the marketing plan, budget spend and progress against specific deliverables
▪ Represent the voice of the customer and ensure all our activity is client centric
▪ Provide marketing support to Private Bank as part of the Client Marketing team on adhoc marketing initiatives and projects.
▪ Foster positive relationships across the wider private Bank, Click & Invest team and all marketing teams at Investec
▪ Ability to build relationship with Marketing agencies and view them as partners
Core Skills and Knowledge
▪ Educated to degree standard
▪ Financial marketing and branding experience – minimum 5 years
▪ Professional marketing qualification desirable but not essential
▪ Knowledge of Direct Marketing (multi-channel) skills – minimum 5 years
▪ Knowledge of digital marketing channels and techniques (compulsory)
▪ Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
▪ To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
▪ Excellent writing skills
▪ Strong attention to detail
▪ Must be able to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
▪ Creativity essential – ability to think differently and challenge assumptions
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills, strong networking and relationship management skills
▪ Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
▪ Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
▪ Must be energetic, ambitious and extremely organised
▪ Strong analytical skills
▪ Flexible team player, prepared to work across the entire marketing mix
▪ Be able to self manage
▪ Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
▪ Can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
▪ A cultural fit for Investec, happy to work with a high degree autonomy in a fluid, fast paced environment
▪ Self motivated, inquisitive and willingness to learn and explore new ways of achieving goals