Marketing Manager - German or Spanish Language Requirement
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE :
The Marketing Manager acts as the day to day executional lead with assigned teams. The individual will lead the development of strategy and execution of assigned business line specific initiative and contribute to the development of long-term strategic planning in support of channel objectives. In addition, this person forms and deepens relationships with internal business partners to increase sales, ensure client satisfaction and increase assets under management. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Lead the development of strategy and execution of assigned business line specific initiative and contribute to the development of long-term strategic planning in support of channel objectives.
- Responsible to understand assigned markets and products, related marketing and sales goals, and MFS' disciplines and investment philosophy and act as business advocate within marketing.
- Remain current on investment industry news, trends, and tools while gathering information on competitive products, investment techniques, and security types and use information to inform marketing.
- Run sales reports and facilitate ongoing data mining and business analysis, marketing planning, and strategy development in support of channel objectives-leverage key learning to inform communications plans, strategies, and materials.
- Pursue ongoing learning by initiating dialog with department managers, investment specialists, and compliance personnel regarding investment-related products, concepts, and topics.
- Ability to translate business goals into marketing tactics across multiple forms of media including PR, print, digital, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of brand strategy as well as how to apply it across assigned areas and marketing platforms.
- Evaluate metrics and provide insights on performance to ensure accuracy, timeliness and consistency of work requests; provide research assistance, including searching for relevant competitor information on specific topics.
- Autonomously oversee initiatives from strategy development to execution for medium sized campaigns or promotional efforts.
- Collaborate with MarCom and other Global Marketing colleagues to initiate and successfully execute a variety of project types.
- Provide clear, complete input up front and proactively manage stakeholders to enable streamlined review cycles throughout all projects.
- Guide project teams to establish priorities and meet deadlines, motivating colleagues and navigating the sometimes-conflicting needs of clients and co-workers. Ownership and accountability for end-to-end deliverables.
- Oversee inventory of literature, ensuring lesser-used and/or obsolete pieces are phased out and/or replaced with more contemporary, compelling material.
- Foster strong business partnerships by combining industry and product expertise with skilled project management to ensure programs are planned and executed on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Provide support to key business partners by responding to requests and addressing concerns in a timely, professional manner-building trusting, valued relationships that result in client satisfaction.
- Occasionally accompany Sales colleagues to presentations regarding MFS products and services.
- Bachelor's degree combined with experience in marketing, sales and/or finance preferably within financial services or related industry.
- Knowledge of financial products, investment techniques and strategies, and FINRA and SEC regulations as well as investment industry and MFS investment disciplines and philosophy.
- Big picture view of projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated effectiveness in measurement, data analytics, mining for insights, and application of key learning to influence channel marketing strategies and decision making.
- Customer-service focus with strong problem-solving skills and solutions orientation.
- Organized self-starter who can work independently, demonstrating attention to detail and ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously.
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure-shifting priorities in response to changing business demands while adhering to stated project deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to collaborate with MFS corporate, Global Marketing, and Sales colleagues at all levels.
- Experience working with creative service and/or communications teams and processes to develop sales and marketing support materials.
- Willingness to travel, as needed, to engage target markets while attending financial services and marketing industry meetings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Technical aptitude including workflow, CRM, marketing automation and design, as appropriate.
- Fluency in English along with German and/or Spanish languages.
Specifics related to Principal Responsibilities may vary based on channel assignment (US Retail; Investment Only; Programs, Events, and Support; MIL). #LI-CP1
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."