Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Summary
This is a critical Marketing Manager role supporting the Head of Marketing of our Wealth business division. Leading a small team of marketers the role holder will take responsibility for delivering a programme of marketing activity (mainly to professional advisers), with on and offline product related marketing and sales support collateral, web content, events and so on, establishing, managing and maintaining marketing plans, adapting them as required to meet ongoing business objectives.
This role will specialise in our Wealth proposition, which includes The Retirement Account, our unique and innovative pension solution, as well as UK investment bonds, and our market leading international investment bonds and trust-based tax and estate planning solutions provided by Canada Life's international businesses in the Isle of Man and Ireland. What You'll Do
• Line management responsibilities. Lead regular two-way communication opportunities with your team, encouraging openness, collaboration, and trust. Proactively manage the performance of your team and ensure productivity. Review and approve your teams work, and develop their skills and knowledge.
• Write and agree marketing communication plans for the Wealth division, which reflect the needs of the audiences. Responsibility for successfully delivering all activities in the plan on time and within budget, and successfully achieving the objectives of the campaigns - eg leads, web visits, webinar or event attendees.
• Agree marketing objectives and KPIs for all activities where possible, ensuring that relevant metrics are measured and reported, and relevant data monitored, to establish campaign effectiveness, key learnings and pursue a culture of continual improvement.
• Develop marketing collateral including brochures and guides, sales aids, videos, podcasts, webinars and infographics, to explain and promote our products and services to customers and financial advisers, and to support the activities of our telephone and field based adviser sales teams
• Develop advertising and direct marketing campaigns from brief through to delivery, on and offline, across multiple channels - eg media advertising and content, email, direct mail, social media, paid search
• Understand competitive landscape and emerging micro and macro factors, and ensure plans are adapted to correctly position campaigns and content. Work with stakeholders to understand business line requirements, urgent requests or regulatory requirements.
• Work closely with counterparts in other departments as required, such as Sales, Technical, Product and Compliance, and external advertising agencies, media buyers etc, and represent Marketing when needed on projects, product working groups and in other forums Who You Are
A background in financial services is essential, with demonstrable experience at least one of our product areas: adviser platforms, pensions, wealth management or estate planning.
Excellent product knowledge and an especially good understanding of how to explain and position complex financial products to professional advisers is key, and the right candidate may have worked outside Marketing, for example in Sales, Product, Technical or Customer Service.
Strong experience in a marketing communications role is necessary, for example:
• Good knowledge of digital marketing methods - including email and marketing automation, content marketing, social media, and online advertising
• Use of data and marketing analytics to improve campaigns over time, including testing and optimisation techniques
• Marketing planning, communication and contact strategy, and management of sophisticated multi-channel campaigns
• Experience managing agencies and other providers of marketing services
• Broad experience of using marketing systems such as CMS, google analytics, marketing automation and email software Qualifications
• Degree level education
• Marketing qualification - CIM or equivalent What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences