Marketing Analyst Institutional Marketing
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Company Overview BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Institutional marketing, which is part of BlackRock’s Global Institutional Client Business (“ICB”), has a content-led marketing approach. We develop integrated campaigns that drive engagement and position BlackRock as a thought leader and solutions provider to target audiences across EMEA. Institutional marketing partners with ICB, Investment teams and the Institutional Product Group to set and deliver relevant and impactful marketing strategies appropriate for each market and client channel including Pension Schemes, Consultants, Insurers and Official Institutions (Sovereign Wealth Funds and Central Banks).
The role is responsible for delivering marketing programmes in support of our business priorities across EMEA. Plan tactics include: direct marketing campaigns and thought leadership, third party media partnerships, website content, event and conference implementation, and sales enablement.
The successful candidate will work with the campaign managers and cross-functional teams, including sales, product, operations, digital, communications, events, creative services, and legal and compliance, to deliver programmes on key business priorities and products.
The ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment – adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’ and strong communication skills are essential. Familiarity of marketing programmes and tactics is preferable but the role offers scope to develop in-depth knowledge of marketing within the institutional sector across EMEA.
- Support EMEA ICB objectives through delivery of marketing activities that align with our brand and are designed to meet client needs.
- Support delivery of effective, multi-faceted marketing programs that provide a seamless client experience and position BlackRock as the trusted adviser in the institutional marketplace including:
- Execute proprietary events and third party conference sponsorships
- Work with a range of internal stakeholders, including sales teams, creative services, digital marketing, compliance and corporate communications to deliver a range of marketing collateral (including print, email, direct mail and web content), advertorials and thought leadership
- Proof, draft and edit digital copy to deliver compelling marketing content to both internal and external stakeholders around ICB marketing programmes
- Participation in industry awards
- Coordinate the collating and reporting on campaign metrics, and work with the campaign managers and sales enablement to ensure alignment with ICB objectives and increase sales opportunities
- Coordinate the team’s communications programme and deliver our content to internal and external stakeholders through our email communications systems (Eloqua)
- Execute internal sales enablement initiatives and generate interest and excitement around ICB marketing activities and programmes.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a high performance team environment – adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’ and delivery focus is essential
- Experience in working in the asset management industry and demonstrable passion for understanding financial markets and the institutional sector is an advantage
- A creative thinker with keen attention to detail while understanding the bigger picture
- Excellent tactical execution and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and projects from end-to-end in a complex and changing environment
- Highly customer focussed and willing to provide services to both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
- Degree in relevant discipline and/or professional experience in a similar role.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.