Regulatory or Market Risk Lead BA, to lead projects within a collaborative banking environment. Ideally you would have worked on IBOR or FRTB, but not essential.
- Support Senior Manager and Leadership Team to analyse and understand business problems, critically evaluate business ideas from a customer and commercial point of view. Identify underlying business needs to be addressed, challenge existing practices and ensure requirements will address the defined business problem.
- Analyse specified problems and issues to find the best business and/or technical solutions. This includes assessing current and future state requirements from stakeholders, performing gap analysis of change impacts, identifying target solutions and executing delivery of preferred solutions.
- Provide risk / regulatory input and act as the Market Risk point of contact for assigned initiatives, contribute to the wider development of Risk systems and strategic solutions within Risk.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (Business and Technology) within and outside Market Risk in the capacity of a lead business analyst or project manager.
- Manage and deliver change initiatives using optimal approach and good practice e.g. waterfall, Kanban, agile; skills demonstrated include effective requirement gathering and analysis, planning, documentation, stakeholder management, issue resolution, testing and deployment.
- Deliver outcomes by managing self and/or others, work within established systems while continuously looking for improvement opportunities; use own judgment as to when complex issues require escalation.
- Build and maintain internal and external networks to source data and information to enable timely recommendations and advice. Engage and influence stakeholders, anticipating, clarifying and shaping requirements for the purpose of optimising business results.
- Work with, and participate in rotation into, other Market Risk Platforms areas; this include providing support to BAU Operational and/or Compliance activities.
- Experience of mentoring / guiding junior members of the team, someone looking to step into a lead role, but not necessarily people manager
- 3-5 years regulatory / risk business analysis experience within a UK bank, or Financial Services firm, ideally IBOR or Market Risk
- Ability to lead a project
- Comfortable interactive with a wide variety of stakeholders and SME’s