Market Risk Quant - Model Validation, FRTB, Quantitative Analyst
- Salary:£60,000 - £80,000
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash GmbH
- Updated on:17 Nov 17
Market Risk Quant / Model Validation / FRTB / Quantitative Analyst / Basel 4 / Model Development / Monte Carlo / Historical Simulations / Risk Sensivities / delta / gamma, vega / theta / rho / Greeks / VaR / Investment Banking / Risk Framework /
For this reputable consulting firm we are looking for a number of Market Risk Quants to be involved in an implementation of the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) change initiative. You will be advising and assisting clients with the impact of the changing capital requirements framework (‘Basel 4’), with particular focus on the new market risk requirements and quantitative modelling. You will be also expected to participate in individual work streams within both market risk and wider risk and capital related engagements.
As a member of the banking segment, you will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking related issues supporting both UK and Global propositions. The expectation is that the roles will grow over time to provide a balance of quantitative and broader advisory and client facing responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of market risk frameworks and processes including risk management, product control, capital calculations and product valuations.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver market risk engagements
- Detailed working knowledge of FRTB and an understanding of its implications is advantageous.
- Knowledge and practical experience of all aspects of model development and validation.
- Strong analytical skills and practical quantitative experience.
- Ability to communicate and challenge senior management on range of market risk topics.
- Ability to explain complex technical terms/impacts to a senior non-technical audience.
- Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Background:
- Quant experience
- Detailed product/industry knowledge
- Strong understanding of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions (specifically, FRTB)