Market Risk Manager (Exotics)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Join NatWest Markets in London as a Market Risk Manager
- This is a very specialist market risk role covering the exotics area of the trading business
- You'll be managing a dedicated team of market risk professionals, and providing second line of defence control and oversight over the business
- This is a unique opportunity to work in a niche product field, managing the market risk of the trading businesses within NatWest Markets
- This role is available at director level
What you'll do
As a Market Risk Manager, you'll be undertaking daily market risk management activities, including the daily review of risk reports and limit utilisations. You'll be investigating and escalating any limit breaches to relevant stakeholders, and you'll be preparing and documenting any limit sanctions.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Ensuring risk is accurately represented in the market risk systems and that the control framework is effective
- Understanding, reviewing and challenging trading business strategies at portfolio level before highlighting and escalating issues and unusual trading activity
- Reviewing trade proposals and non-standard deal documents and making recommendations on approvals
- Developing a detailed knowledge of financial markets business's trading strategies
- Improving risk capture for positions held by the business
- Designing, implementing and documenting stress testing methodologies
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with significant leadership experience and senior level market risk experience. You'll bring extensive experience in market risk management or a substantial amount of trading experience in the exotics product area. Along with experience in a rates and FX focussed trading business, you'll have solid stakeholder management skills, and experience managing a team.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding of market dynamics, products and associated risks
- Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of products traded by the relevant businesses
- An understanding of key risk metrics such as VaR, PV01 and CR01
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.