Our Client is a Tier One Investment Bank who are looking to add a VP to their Market Risk Team in London covering the trading desks under the FX & Rates businesses.
- Execute strong risk management for market risks: challenging the business as appropriate, whilst facilitating the business to grow in a scalable and controlled manner. Create and deploy metrics as required to monitor and control the business's risk.
- Interact with key stakeholders / desk heads at a senior level, and covering for senior forums as required such as regulator meetings and senior management meetings.
- Architect scenario stresses for market events to guard against sudden market volatility, as well as exposing the book's vulnerabilities.
- Manage the risk appetite and limit setting process for the business, weighing up factors such as budgets, market liquidity, and growth in products and client base.
- Ensure strong governance is instilled and followed by the juniors in the team.
- Execute Stewardship across market risk processes, making both incremental as well as strategic improvements.
- Mentor the more junior members of the team across London and Mumbai.
- Very strong risk management experience across the whole FX asset class, both options and linear; G10 and EM.
- Willingness to learn about the Rates asset class, whilst initially covering an FX business, with a view to transition to covering a Rates business.
- Strong proficiency in Excel absolutely required.
- Ability to propose, create, and deploy views and appropriate cuts of risks, including creation of new metrics or scenarios, in order to visualise and subsequently summarise risk for management.
- Motivated self-starter, able to operate from day one with minimal supervision essential.
- Require the ability to disentangle and unpick processes with a view to improving them.
- Applied math knowledge, with an ability to understand and employ quantitative or statistical analysis.
- Ability to develop and mentor juniors and offshore resources.
- Some experience in a technology/analytics/ process function is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases and programming is beneficial.
- Some Python experience is potentially of some possible benefit.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland e.g. showing your employer a copy of your passport.
If you are a non-EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland. Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining Green Card Permits, Work Permits, Spousal/Dependent Permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise, and Innovation website.