Market Risk Capital – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the Risk Division, the Portfolio Management, Stress & Capital function is responsible for computing, assessing, stressing and managing the portfolio of risk and related capital, as well as leading the Division’s contribution to enterprise-wide programs depending on risk or risk-based capital. Within the function, the Market Risk Capital team is responsible for a wide variety of capital-related projects and initiatives (e.g. ICAAP), and the market risk capital reporting process, including review and analysis of the composition of the portfolio as well as key drivers of movements.
The Portfolio Management, Stress & Capital function is seeking Vice President for the Market Risk Capital team, based in London. The role holder will play a central role in delivering outcomes on a wide variety of strategic initiatives and regulatory developments, particularly Solvent Wind Down/Recovery and Resolution, Fundamental Review of the Trading Book, regulatory requests and self-assessments, and legal entity strategic change.
The position requires an expert understanding of Market Risk management fundamentals including products, trading strategies, booking models, risk data and metrics, risk and capital models/methodologies, and risk systems. Also required is a strong understanding of current and evolving Basel regulatory Market Risk and XVA Risk capital calculations and methodologies, as applied to a Tier 1 sales and trading institution. Candidates with strong a track record of experience and success in these areas are encouraged to apply.
• Lead, participate and contribute to the scoping, planning, delivery and embedding of large, complex regulatory projects (e.g. Solvent Wind Down)
• Conceptualise and develop end-to-end business requirements for strategic systems and risk/control process changes to meet evolving Market Risk and XVA Risk regulatory requirements
• Design, develop and implement tactical tools and solutions for interim requirements and ad-hoc analyses and quantitative impact studies
• Perform self-assessments of the Firm’s compliance with complex evolving Market Risk and XVA Risk prudential regulation, and contribute to the development of internal policies and procedures
• Perform, and participate in, regulatory and capital analysis of new products and proposals initiated by the business units and the Firm, and provide recommendations to the business units and Risk senior management
• Deliver clear, concise and precise responses to information requests from home and host regulatory authorities
• Critically review and evaluate the adequacy of the capital held for the Market Risk and XVA Risks for the Firm’s UK and European legal entities
• Back-up support for Market Risk and Credit Risk capital production and governance
Skills required (essential)
• Strong experience in related roles in a similarly complex sales and trading institution
• Quantitative/analytical background required (e.g. finance, accounting, mathematics, STEM, law, economics, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in dealing with all levels of management and diverse academic and cultural backgrounds
• Expert understanding of Market Risk management fundamentals including products, trading strategies, booking models, risk data and metrics, risk and capital models/methodologies, and risk systems
• Strong understanding of current and evolving Basel regulatory Market Risk and XVA Risk capital calculations and methodologies, as applied to a Tier 1 sales and trading institution
• Capability, experience and comfort in reviewing, interpreting and assessing the implications of complex (Basel) prudential regulation
• Development of detailed end-to-end business requirements for systems and process changes, against the backdrop of interconnected Risk and Front Office IT infrastructure, and an evolving business and organisational environment
• Excellent organisational and project management skills to meet challenging objectives and manage competing priorities
• Excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills, with databases and programming experience (SQL, Access, VBA etc.) desirable
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1