Market Risk Associate - Structured Rates
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Oct 18
An exciting opportunity has just become available for a Structured Rates specialist to join Nomura's Market Risk department.
The Market Risk team is responsible for providing independent oversight of the firm's trading activities based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of all material positions and the current market environment. These findings are reported to key stakeholders within the firm. The role involves a diverse range of risk management responsibilities and provides exposure to the trading desks, other risk teams, finance, and senior management.
This is for a position covering Structured Rates within the EMEA Risk Management team, which involves the following responsibilities, amongst others:
- Daily aggregation, validation, and monitoring of risk. Regular reporting of risk positions, limit breaches, and stress testing results for firm management and regulatory compliance.
- Identification and investigation of changes to risk profile, including analysis of VaR and stress drivers. Communication of findings to management.
- Working with the front office to understand and address breaches as necessary.
- Reviewing new transaction requests, identifying and assessing the key risk issues, including capital impacts.
- Developing a good understanding of risk systems and help to drive improvements where necessary.
- Ad hoc risk-related projects and infrastructure building.
- Keeping abreast of relevant market events and drivers.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Diligence/attention to detail and strong analytical skills to recognize/investigate significant changes in risk
- Strong communication skills to make management aware of said changes and new positions as they arise.
- Good prioritization skills and a strong work ethic to see each task assigned done thoroughly and correctly.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, or related quantitative field, or the equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with structured rates products and rates markets, and associated portfolio risk profiles, including understanding of Greeks and impact on VaR.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and VBA.
- Strong communication skills
- At least 4 years' experience in a risk or control related function in financial services institution.
- Detailed and process orientated.
- Takes initiative and is proactive.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.