Market Risk Analyst - Energy Markets
- £excellent + bonus + package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 16 May 19
Leading European Energy business is now seeking an experienced Market Risk Analyst to join their London based office. This is a highly commercial Market Risk role which would suit someone looking to progress to the next stage of their career. Energy or commodities markets experience would be a advantage.
Leading European Energy business now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst in the Energy Market Risk team within the Trading department. The team produces reporting and analysis to support and control the activities of the trading team optimising their hedging activity. In addition the role will have the chance to work on a range of key projects that will drive the future of the industry.
This role has a number of key responsibilities including:
- Developing and maintaining a high standard of risk reporting that provides the business with, accurate and insightful risk analysis.
- Providing a robust challenge to commercial teams to ensure compliance with approved strategies.
- Complete analysis related to emergent risks, hedging strategies and products to ensure appropriate management of risk.
- Direct the day to day work of analysts, to achieve the team deliverables.
- Build excellent relationships with stakeholders to improve risk reporting and analysis
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A strong understanding of the trading risk management and markets is required with energy experience highly desirable
- Highly analytical and numerical;
- Advanced spreadsheet skills and, preferably, programming skills, e.g. including VBA and Python.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong commitment to developing an in-depth knowledge of energy markets and associated trading risk management systems and methodologies
- Very good stakeholder management, including influencing, negotiation and consulting
- Able to challenge accepted ways and consider options to improve business proposals