An Global Commodity Trading House is looking for an experienced and driven Market Risk Analyst to join their team. . You will be expected to work alongside the front office and finance departments effectively, playing a key role in the development of the middle office function by providing daily performance and control analyses.
Key responsibilities of the Risk analyst position:
- Reporting and analysis of P&L trading results with a specific focus on trading and shipping performances, in line with market trends.
- Monitoring of P&L and market exposure for all physical books and derivatives.
- Working to maintain and sound knowledge of Risk metrics- eg. VaR and Stress testing.
- Responsible for supporting front office desks in their reaction to market risks and development of new products.
- Recommend and Develop methodologies and tools for the calculation of risk measures for the commodity markets in line with ETS
- To aid in the development and implementation of the automated and infrastructure projects for the use of Market
Key requirements of the Risk analyst position:
- Exposure to market risk within an Oil/ LNG trading company.
- Experience of risk metrics such a VaR, Stress testing and Scenario Analysis.
- Experience and understanding of commodity options on physical assets including storage, swing, optimisation, optionality in physical oil terms.
- Good knowledge of financial Hedging on Oil and Products.
- Ability to communicate ideas and findings fluently in English
- Willing to be based in London.