A rapidly growing Brokerage House is searching for a Market Risk professional
My client, an expanding Brokerage firm, are looking to find a Market Risk professional to join their team.
Some direct experience in Market Risk is required. Excel and VBA skills would also be desirable.
The client is willing to look at people from a variety of backgrounds.
The Risk Analyst’s main duties and responsibilities will be (but will not be limited to):
- Monitoring client positions, trades and positions using our KRM22 Risk system (ProOpticus and Risk Monitor)
- Chasing Sales People for those clients on Margin Calls and escalating where needed.
- Monitoring trading platforms TT, CQG and IRESS as well as reviewing existing limits and checking/approving new limits
- Monitoring clients with large margins (concentration risk)
- Producing a Daily Risk Report for management
- Preparing various docs/presentations/proposals for the Risk Committee
- Assessing, documenting and processing negative balance write-offs
- Setting and monitoring CFD margins and Collateral haircuts for securities (as well as producing liquidity reports regarding Collateral)
- Monitoring 3rd party loans and ensuring clients and 3rd party lenders stay within limits set
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced Excel
- Logical thinker
- Experience in Trading and/or Market Risk roles
- Experience across asset classes including:
- - LME
- - Futures and Options
- - Equities (physical and CFD)
- - Bonds
- - FX (give-up and margined/rolling)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills, escalating any issues accordingly
- Investigative and inquisitive nature; willing to challenge current practice
Competitive – according to experience and qualifications Start Date
ASAP. Temp to Perm or Perm