Market Data Services Analyst
Who we're looking for
An experienced Market Data Administrator in all aspects of the role, with a full understanding & appreciation for the importance of maintaining an accurate inventory. Familiar with all functions within a Market Data team and how they interact. With a good work ethic, able to follow defined processes and manage multiple workstreams.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Market Data Services team is a specialist data content and commercial management function which provides industry-leading guidance and support for the acquisition, provisioning and governance of financial data to all areas of the firm globally. Our mandate is to ensure we operate best practice standards in the maintenance and supply of Market Data. With a diverse user-base comes immensely varied requirements for data and we support these needs by utilising the subject matter expertise and financial knowledge that our team is expected to demonstrate.
What you'll do
This role, which reports into the team lead in London, requires a good knowledge of Market Data operations with specific relevance to activities within an investment management company. Business Services oversee all invoice and inventory management activities in coordination with Commercial Management and Change Analysts. There is a requirement for interaction with several internal groups to educate and manage operating behaviours. Our function's ability to deliver long term value depends on being successful at providing industry best practice.
• Assist in the management of market data and research services globally
• Manage TechLink (ServiceNow) requests for additional services, contract / price updates, processing leavers & new joiners etc
• Vendor liaison to ensure service permissioning and de-permissioning is administered appropriately and declaration submissions as required
• Manage administrative tasks including daily / monthly processes, month-end checks, analysis, inventory preparation & due diligence
• Invoice & PO management (reconciliation, raising queries with vendors, PO requests, approvals and payments)
• Contract management through the accurate processing of new contracts into inventory
• Inventory management / updates & housekeeping
• Headcount moves & cost centre updates
• Service/vendor uploads and reconciliations
• Accurate record keeping as required by processes
• Building of reporting templates from inventory
• Produce monthly Market Data recharge file for Finance
• Engagement with Finance and user-base around costs, recharge and service availability
• Monthly metrics reporting
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• A proven track record in Market Data administration
• Experience of working with vendors including, Bloomberg, LSEG, Factset, MSCI
• Experience of market data inventory systems, specifically FITS (from The Roberts Group)
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• Ability to drive query resolution with our providers on billing and permission issues
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks
• Ability to use initiative to resolve issues / queries
• Attention to detail and a flexible attitude
• Able to work to tight deadlines, particularly in relation to diarised processes
• Able to produce reports from inventory system
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Good knowledge of Investment Management - what we do as a firm/how we make money
• Experience of Techlink / ServiceNow request management system
• Strong MS-Office to include Excel
What you'll be like
Someone who is disciplined and focused with a great attention to detail. You will need to be flexible and proactive in managing your workload and resolving issues. You should be a good team player, interacting with and supporting all functions in the Market Data team.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.