Market Data Engineer
Form part of a respected global team who manage the maintenance and availability of market Data for our commodities and global markets desks.
Within Macquarie's Enterprise Technology sits our Market Data Technology Team, which is accountable for the delivery, provision and maintenance of market data infrastructure which includes Market Data Distribution Platforms, Trading Venue, Financial Market interbank integration (FIX or otherwise) and Market Data Desktop products.
In this role you will be eligible for delivery of new infrastructure for business and Vendor platform requirements, upgrades of existing infrastructure, troubleshooting and maintenance of market data infrastructure as well as monitoring and Capacity Management. About your technology skills:
About your soft skills:
- To be successful in this position you would have worked in a similar role delivering market data technology function within a banking & financial environment.
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a market data engineer in similar banking environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and provision Thomson Reuters (TREP) component servers such as ADH, ADS, ATS; Demonstrated technical and troubleshooting skills of TREP components.
- Proficiency in UNIX O/S and both Sparc and X86 architecture.
- Experience in provisioning and delivering trading venue integration with knowledge of a variety of technologies.
- Experience of Market Data front end products such as Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon and Factset.
- Sound technical knowledge and comprehension of TCP/IP, DNS, Windows Servers & Desktops.
- Knowledge of back-end Bloomberg technologies including B-Pipe and Tradebook.
- Knowledge of networking design and working within the scope of firewalls/switches/routers/NTUs.
- Ability to configure and grasp ITRS for Market Data monitoring.
- Experience working with interbank integration providers such as BT Radianz and TNS.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems within a time pressured environment.
- Comprehension of Market Data API technologies, with the ability to demonstrate functionality and capabilities to developers.
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to co-ordinate multiple resources across a portfolio of projects
- Excellent communication in English, both verbally and written
- The confidence to communicate effectively to a wide variety of business stakeholders, vendors, and technology colleagues
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on the optimum market data for their business requirements, advising of new products and services when available and managing trials if appropriate
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Strong market data experience and knowledge of wide range of market data vendors and services.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - credibility with senior business stakeholders. Ability to resolve business issues as they arise. •
- Confidence in vendor management and knowledge of market data purchasing, contract admin process.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.