Market Data Application Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 16 Feb 19
Market Data Application Specialist- Contract
We require an accomplished Market Data Application Specialist to join our Global Banking and Markets function working as part of the Business Data Services team to develop a detailed understanding of real-time market data usage within HSBC's internal applications with a view to on-boarding these applications into a self-certification process. As a successful Market Data Application Specialist you will be responsible for a stream of work that forms part of a wider team objective to devise a strategy to optimise the consumption of market data in accordance with business requirements and obligations to our 3rd party suppliers.
The successful Market Data Application Specialist will also maintain responsibility for the development and effective communication of guidelines and processes to ensure ongoing adherence to optimisation and compliance principles across application owners and developers as well as to direct and oversee a programme of application certification.
- Develop a detailed understanding of real-time market data usage within HSBC's internal applications with a view to on-boarding these applications into a self-certification process
- Optimise the consumption of market data in accordance with business requirements and obligations to our 3rd party suppliers
- Direct and oversee a programme of application certification ensuring ongoing adherence to optimisation and compliance principles across application owners and development teams
- On-board server side applications or processes which consume market data into a self-certification cycle
- Own the relationship with the third party provider of the tool which will be used to roll out the self-certification cycle
- Direct the third party provider to ensure the tool is customised to meet the objectives of the self-certification exercise
- Accountable for effective communication of the objectives and status of the exercise across sponsors and stakeholders
- Achieve a consolidated view and transparency on data usage within applications
- Quarterly analysis of application usage to assist with global cost allocations
- Highlight any potential issues or gaps in licensing
- Implement and manage process for new application data requests in a timely manner
- Regular meetings with application owners and senior IT managers to communicate commercial and compliance objectives with regards to existing issues pipeline projects
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven commercial experience in the Financial Services & Banking sector working within a Financial Markets Application Support role is essential for this role
- Excellent knowledge of the use case for market data in applications to perform business activities (Algo, SOR, Derived Data) and the associated issues and challenges
- Previous experience of working with IT application owners and development teams
- Strong market data analysis experience and knowledge of wide range of market data vendors, exchanges and services
- Strong knowledge of vendor and supplier commercial policy (particularly exchange data suppliers)
- Strong knowledge of industry entitlement control tools (DACS, EMRS)
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to see and understand the big picture
- Strong team player with ability to work collaboratively as part of a global virtual team
- Highly self-motivated and results driven
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
The base location for this role is our HSBC HQ at Canary Wharf, London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.