Market Data Analyst - HSBC
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 07 Nov 17 2017-11-07
Market Data Analyst - HSBC This is an initial 3 month contract based in London
Market Data Analyst - HSBC
This is an initial 3 month contract based in London
The team provide various reportable data and derived data to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, on an ongoing basis. This data includes, but is not limited to, exposure; limit; capital and stress testing reporting. Where teams are responsible for reporting, it is expected that this is performed within a well-structured and robust control environment taking cognizance of any internal or external control and governance requirements.
The team also assist in defining responses to new regulatory initiatives and articulation of common global operating models. This takes the form of new procedures, as well as specification of business requirements to support the design and enhancement of systems.
The nature of the role varies between BAU, process/functional enhancements and strategic initiatives. The person will be expected to work on processes and projects driven by Regulatory demand or the Business and therefore impact both the standing of the bank with its Regulators and its ability to grow.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to Master's degree ideally in a numerate subject (numerical, finance, quantitative…)
- Pricing or Valuation Control experience, more specifically understanding of IPV (Independent Price Verification) processes, bootstrapping techniques, model parameters controls, statistical techniques and data cleansing
- Experience on market data management, data cleansing and sourcing
- Experience in analytical reporting, e.g. explain of a transformation by decomposition
- Proven relevant working experience in a Global Markets environment, with relevant exposure in the risk industry an advantage
- Have an understanding of market or credit risk management techniques, systems, processes and functions including VaR/Stress Testing and the Greeks, ideally through line experience.
- Product knowledge across multiple assets classes - Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, FX, etc.
- Exposure to a control environment, with an understanding of credit and/or market risk reporting processes a plus
- Strong IT development capability: proficient in VBA, SQL, C++, and Python
- Independent, driven, self-motivated approach, with a strong eagerness to learn and grow along with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Be prepared to provide critical thinking on existing processes with a view to drive process improvements and deliver efficiency gains
- Experience in prototyping tools (e.g. Excel) to report or detect outliers.
- Experience with market data software e.g. Asset Control, Reuters, Bloomberg
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written) - the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at a global level is paramount.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Focused and delivery-driven with ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritise appropriately in a fast moving and often evolving environment.
- Hands on approach required and willingness to take personal accountability
- Pragmatic decision making capability.
- Proficient in typical desktop tools including Microsoft Office to Excel VBA level
Please submit your CV in the first instance