Up to £150k base, circa £200k TC Experience:
5+ years Summary:
Great opportunity for a skilled Java developer to join one of the world's most prestigious hedge funds. Come and be a part of the firm's continued success by developing their Market Connectivity applications which enable the trading of single-stock, complex, index options and options on futures worldwide.
You will join a global Fixed Income team (with some cross-asset to Commodities, FX and Credit teams), facing off to Portfolio Managers and the Quants working with them in the different trading pods. Your work will be a mix of building core platforms that can be used by multiple trading teams for different strategies, as well as building out bespoke platforms on top of that for specific trade ideas which may be made more universal if successful.
The successful Market Connectivity Developer will enjoy facing off to the business and have outstanding communication skills across all levels of technical understanding. Skills and Experience Required:
Rewards and Incentives:
- Substantial Java programming experience, including multi-threaded/server application development
- Extensive Linux development experience
- Experience in a similar financial institution, plus knowledge of options and futures, is required
- FIX protocol knowledge is a must-have, e.g. FIX 4.2 - FIX 5.0 with repeating groups
- Significant salary + bonus
- Greenfield work / big impact
- Very collaborative culture, ideas are implemented
- Work-from-home opportunities, the standard is 3 days a week in the office
If you feel you're suitable for this role, want to hear about similar positions, or would like help hiring similar developers for your company, please send your CV or get in touch: Richard Allan
+44 (0) 20 3137 9574