Margining & Collateral Associate
The Market Operations Division (MOD) of Macquarie Bank is looking for a new team member to join the Margining & Collateral Management team. The team is responsible for all aspects of client margining, risk mitigation and reconciliations for Macquarie businesses globally, but predominantly Commodities and Global Markets (CGM).
The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide variety and complexity of products traded CGM division. Working within a team you will be responsible for margining, collateral settlement and reconciliation of OTC client portfolios on a daily basis. You will provide operational support through escalation of failed and disputed margin calls, portfolio reconciliation, dispute management and management of daily reconciliations owned by the group, ensuring all breaks are cleared.
This is a dynamic and fast-paced working environment where you will be maintaining the highest level of service by working as part of the team who are building out the strategic solution for margining, including regulatory change, implementation of new systems into Macquarie and also working with the various business areas on new initiatives which are essential to the success of the CGM Trading desks.
- Working in strong risk-based culture.
- Margining of OTC and Futures client exposures on a daily basis.
- Working with business and other internal stakeholders on a regular to deliver both project and business as usual outcomes.
- Daily Credit/Risk reporting of the firms exposures
- Escalation, communication and management of failed and disputes margin calls and other risk impacting issues.
- Portfolio reconciliation & Dispute management protocols
- Management of daily reconciliations owned by the group, ensuring all breaks are cleared.
- Booking of margin payments/receipts using cash and securities as collateral.
- Working on our Operational Excellence and Transformation initiatives
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The following experience / skill set is essential for this role:
- A proven track record in Operations Banking or Financial Services.
- Strong Technical ability for complex issue resolution and the aptitude to learn system flows
- Ability to appropriately prioritize competing demands
- High accuracy rates and a high standard of attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a change focused environment.
- Working well in a team environment
- Enthusiastic, Proactive and Flexible attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high paced environment
- Strong organizational, communication and prioritization skills
The following experience/skill-set while not essential would be useful for this role:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- Some experience in OTC product and/or Collateral Management
- Client Service for internal and external clients in the Financial Services industry
- Development of controls & procedures within an
- Experience in Investment Bank's Operations Division
- Working knowledge of trade bookings in Risk Management systems
- Knowledge or experience of Futures related operations.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.