Margin Collateral Valuation Operations (MCVO) - Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
We have Collateral Management (Cleared and non-cleared), Portfolio Reconciliation and Margin Lending which are part of Margin, Collateral Valuations Operations (MCVO) sits within the Goldman Sachs Operations organization. A global, multi-faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative, prime brokerage, GS execution & clearing, derivatives clearing and securities financing portfolios. The Bangalore MCVO team is works in close partnership with teams in New York, London, Singapore & Salt Lake City.
Products supported include foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rate and bespoke structured derivatives. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations. RESPONSIBILIITES
An employee within MCVO will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the performance of a number of operational processes. They will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, they will also be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients.
The role will involve close interaction with a wide range of areas of the bank including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Controllers, Middle Office, Client Representatives, Central Clearing Services and other Operations Departments. As a result, the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
We promote cross training and ensure our employees develop a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out. You can expect to be given early responsibility and in return you will be expected to contribute your own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group. Some specific set of responsibilities are:
- New client on-boarding for collateral management.
- Extensive external interaction (With Clients, Vendors and Central Clearing counterparties[CCPs] ).
- Communicate and Escalate issues internally and externally.
- Liaise with clients and internal counterparts in order to track and resolve position discrepancies, breaks and disputes Define go live timelines and expectations.
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes.
- Review and approval of management and regulatory reports.
- Risk management and day to day functional responsibilities with respect to team's daily operations and regulatory compliance.
- Review and enhance current processes to realize efficiencies and to better manage embedded risk.
- Enhance and evolve the functional risk management framework, processes and infrastructure.
- Participate in all new product reviews to ensure they can be supported in a scalable way.
In addition to their core responsibilities, employees are also expected and encouraged to be involved with a number of projects. SKILL / EXPERIENCE
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- The role is client facing so the employee will require strong communication skill and should be highly articulate with a strong appreciation of client service.
- Flexible to manage differing challenges and ever-increasing complex nature of transactions.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment. Team oriented approach to sharing workload and leverage skill sets.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day are essential.
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to problems and challenge processes, be willing to dig into the detail to resolve issues.
- Familiarity with/ability to learn Excel macros and other functions
- Good working knowledge of product flows and systems, including OTC derivatives, cleared business, prime brokerage and intercompany processes
- Prior experience with the collateral management functions, systems, flows, products and client base
- Evidence of experience working within Financial Services with exposure to Over the Counter Derivatives.
- Languages will be beneficial as the Analyst will be interacting with clients from across Europe
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
- Judgment and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues.
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations.
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity