Marcus - Scrum Master
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Facilitate Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping
- Assist Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs
- Serve as teams' or programs' information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors
- Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level
- Facilitate estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases
- Coach developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles
- Coach more junior Scrum Masters
- Help teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them
- Shield the team from outside distractions, context switching and interference
- Track and remove impediments
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity
- Build a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
- Participate in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
- 5 years experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
- 3 years of experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
- Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Active participant in the Agile community
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.