Recruitment Business Partner
Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
The Non-Investment Financial Services Practice deliver high quality regulatory advice to clients with particular focus on retail offerings, especially in the mortgage, credit and banking sectors.
We are now looking for a highly motivated, proactive yet disciplined compliance consultant to join our team in providing high quality, specialist advice to our clients. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Some of the areas you can expect to assist clients in include:
- Provide high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters.
- Manage projects, often with multiple workstreams. This includes project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management and project close-down.
- Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients.
- Actively partner with global colleagues, to support and deliver on shared projects and responsibilities, where required.
- Leading on authorisations
- Deputising for the Skilled Person, and being the day-to-day lead on s166 engagements
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance programs for clients;
- Conducting regular compliance program testing, including performing annual compliance reviews based on the clients’ written policies and procedures;
- Update the investment advisers’ compliance programs as necessary to keep them current with new regulatory requirements and best business practices.
Successful applicants will have:
- A degree, ideally in a relevant subject
- Significant compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures
- Strong technical knowledge of mortgages and lending sectors and the conduct issues faced by our clients in those sectors.
- Ability to anticipate, monitor and manage compliance risks resulting from various business activities.
- Ability to analyse industry regulations; adapt and develop policies and procedures to meet compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to exercise discretion and make independent judgments on all matters for clients.
- Proven ability to be proactive when dealing with clients giving full consideration to their requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability and drive to build, manage and maintain client relationships.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong organisational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Experience of managing and developing direct reports
You will also have responsibility for building the pipeline by generating new leads and leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior consulting experience would be advantageous.
When the opportunity arises, you may also be required to assist other teams and clients on a wider range of regulatory matters, so a willingness to develop knowledge across the spectrum and collaborate on work outside of your main areas of expertise is expected.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional communication skills and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support – mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development – to enable your progression
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our global team of regulatory experts
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and flexible benefits package
Bovill actively supports flexible working and are introducing a hybrid working practice. We welcome applications from candidates who wish to work part-time, flexible start & finish or compressed hours.