EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Managing Consultant
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- Implementation of Ambit Asset Finance at client sites
- Assessing client needs and setting up system to satisfy, identifying gaps, steering course to implement whilst awaiting developments, writing or specifying crystal reports or spread sheets to satisfy requirements.
- Overseeing and participating data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Ensuring AAF process satisfies the entire contract lifecycle
- Will include all aspects of the clients business from Application through to contract management accounting, collection, asset management etc
- Training clients staff
- Mentor and lead a team of Delivery Services team members
- Oversee relevant IT issues
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions in order to satisfy market or client requirements
- The role will include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 70% +)
- Communication with all levels of organisation from input clerk to Client Company Directors and Managers
- Second Level Support as part of the combined Professional/Customer Service team support process. Managing issues through to resolution.
- Assist and mentor other staff member in all areas of the functional and technical aspects of AAF
- Clearly articulate solutions and design to both clients and internal colleagues
- Lead projects to a successful project i.e. act as a project lead
- Inherit the responsibilities of solution owner i.e. ensure they understand all solutions being configured for a client and validate that they meet the business requirements. This also involves ensuring that all project activities and solutions have been co-ordinated across the project teams
- Lead migration activities and work independently to achieve tasks and milestones
- Ensure that any risk and/or issues are raised and mitigated with the project manager
- Assist with project construction i.e. understanding and documenting business requirements, assist with identifying solutions and steering prospective clients to understand the importance of project construction and how the system will return the investment made through solution benefits.
- Provide input into the product management function to assist with developing market requirements and the required solutions
- Develop plugins for Ambit Asset Finance validations and interfaces
- Develop other non-core integration interfaces using our Application Integration Interface architecture
- Develop local customisations for websites, both for customers and strategic activities
- Develop scripts and other code artefacts for clients
- Develop data migration processes and scripts for client
- Develop, modify, and optimise Crystal reports for client requirements - not mandatory
- Provide problem-solving assistance for client technical problems (eg database, citrix, remote service, memory dumps, performance, timeouts, Web, IIS, etc)
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR:
The candidate will have at least 3 of the following skill sets:
- Accounting qualification or experience in the leasing or lending sector
- IT skills - XML, SQL, understand database structures
- Benefit if have working knowledge of .net or C Sharp
- Knowledge of report writer such as Crystal Reports
- Experience in using Ambit Asset Finance or other Asset Finance systems
- Leadership experience required
- Be able to manage situations that others view as a crisis and steering a course through situations that result in a positive outcome
- Manage client expectations; deliver news and plans to clients in such a way that ensures client support, controlling any given situation.
- Work with other Consultants in a supportive way.
- A working consultant - someone who roles up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Will not require supervision but assess situations and call for assistance when required
- Ability to work hours to fulfil role as a consultant which will from time to time require work to be performed outside of normal business hours.
The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds
- Relevant business experience in the leasing, retail banking or lending sector
- Direct competitor implementing the respective solutions
- Senior implementation consultant from a broader base such as banking solutions (this may mean that specific experience is not held in leasing and lending but rather other financial products)
- Working or consulting for likely clients for AAF in the leasing and lending sector
- Project management experience would be an advantage
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.