Manager of Market Oversight – Adult Social Care
- £54,648 - £58,758
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Care Quality Commission
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
The Manager of Market Oversight is an important member of the Market Oversight team within the Adult Social Care Directorate of the Care Quality Commission, the independent public sector regulator of health and social care services in England. Market Oversight tracks the sustainability of the largest care home and home care providers in England, which collectively account for over £6 billion in annual turnover and one-third of the market (over 100,000 beds and 2m hours of weekly home care).
You will combine financial and business analytical acumen with relationship management/ executive engagement capacity. Reporting directly to a Head of Market Oversight, the Manager position is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in monitoring the financial health of England’s most important providers, bringing to bear a private sector commercial discipline in the public interest. You will assume a varied and vital remit which involves liaising and building relationships with decision makers leading a wide range of well-known corporate and charitable care organisations. Moreover, you will also contribute to CQC’s growing profile within Government and role in shaping public policy as the independent voice of the health and social care sector.
You should be qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent) with:
• 4 years + work experience in accounting/finance
• Solid background in financial accounting, with a focus on cash flow, liquidity and financial performance
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Experience in restructuring/insolvency highly desirable
• Knowledge of the adult social care sector market a plus
Please submit your application as soon as possible as applications are being reviewed on an on-going basis.
External Candidate Information
• Please provide referee details for a full 3 year employment history on your application along with relevant information to support any gaps in employment, we will not approach your referees without your prior consent.
• Please note that if you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of this vacancy closing, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications being received across all of our vacancies, we are unable to provide individual feedback at application stage.
• We must also inform you that, in line with the majority of government organisations, we do not pay travelling expenses for interviewees.