Ref. Number: 20045 Department: Strategy, Policy and Budget Department Job Type: Global Recruitment Posting Date: Mar. 13, 2020
Closing Date: Apr. 10, 2020 Manager, Strategy
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for developing and monitoring the implementation of AIIB's strategic agenda, developing operational policies and procedures for its investment operations, ensuring policy compliance, and managing the corporate budget to support the achievement of AIIB's strategic priorities in an effective and efficient way.
Within SPB, the Manager, Strategy will be primarily responsible for developing and supporting the implementation of AIIB's strategies, building the necessary knowledge and partnerships, as well as supporting the branding and positioning of AIIB in key infrastructure markets. The Manager, Strategy reports directly to the Director-General, SPB Department. Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement AIIB's strategies, including the development of required knowledge on client needs, markets and trends as well as the mapping of subsector investment opportunities through research and analytical work;
- Oversee the implementation and ensure the relevance of AIIB's strategies to ensure alignment with client needs and AIIB's objectives and business model, and recommend refinements as needed;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with Investment Operations and other units within AIIB to ensure coordination and collaboration in achieving strategic objectives. This will also include organizing regular information exchanges to effectively disseminate relevant knowledge;
- Build key partnerships and lead in the effective engagement with external stakeholders to implement AIIB's strategic agenda and support business development;
- Support the development of AIIB's branding and positioning in key infrastructure markets, and engage in international dialogues to allow AIIB to access knowledge and opportunities and promote its brand;
- Support AIIB's annual business plan and budget process, ensuring alignment with AIIB strategies and priorities;
- Support AIIB's investment process, including participating in internal management meetings, reporting on the sectoral results framework and relevant corporate Key Business Indicators, and supporting the implementation of AIIB's strategies.
- The work role may evolve and the job description may be updated to reflect both organizational needs and employee abilities.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant managerial experience in leading the development and implementation of strategies, policies and business plans in a multilateral or regional development bank, government agency, or a private sector organization engaged in infrastructure financing.
- Proven successful track record of developing and managing complex infrastructure programs and projects, including in sectors such as energy, transport, water and urban development.
- Proven professional experience in managing infrastructure investment-related operations and funds.
- Significant professional experience in policy making, identifying, assessing and discussing policy issues with governments, clients and stakeholders.
- Proven experience in developing innovative solutions for the financing and development of infrastructure.
- Familiarity with issues in development finance in the infrastructure sector.
- Works effectively with individuals and within teams.
- Proven track record in leading multi-disciplinary teams and managing leadership engagements with multiple internal stakeholders and external constituencies (public and private sector clients, development partners, civil society, etc.).
- Can analyze issues critically and provide effective solutions.
- Possesses personal integrity and a sense of accountability.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in public policy, economics, business or other related.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.