Alternative investment firm seeks high calibre individual to join as a VP. You will be a core member of the research team and will assist with a variety of high-impact projects for institutional clients. The team covers all asset classes with the focus being on alternative investments, specifically alternative risk premia, hedge funds and private markets.
Manager Research & Selection - Alternatives
£70000 - £85000 + Bonus + Benefits
Leading investment firm with offices in the UK and New York
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience within alternative investments and a background in alternative investments, especially private markets (private equity, private credit, infrastructure)
- Candidates must have an upper-second level degree from a good university, ideally in finance, mathematics, engineering, sciences or business.
- Previous experience in investment consultancy or asset management preferable
- Previous experience with screening fund manager databases
- Basic interest in quantitative software (eg Python)
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas
- Ability to complete projects on time and accurately
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to changing deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and work independently, taking ownership
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and quantitative skills, including Excel skills and appetite to learn Excel VBA
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interest in investment consultancy
- Drive, energy and ambition to achieve results
- Part-qualified / qualified professional qualifications such as the CFA are welcomed
The VP will be a core member of the research team and will assist with a variety of high-impact projects for institutional clients. The team covers all asset classes with the focus being on alternative investments, specifically alternative risk premia, hedge funds and private markets.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Research managers, funds, and the markets in which they operate, with a focus on alternative investments
- Contribute to both investment and operational due diligence on fund managers
- Report writing, comprising due diligence reports, economic reviews and research pieces.
- Support manager selection mandates
- Contribute to qualitative and quantitative analyses including portfolio optimisation
- Developing expertise quickly on major sectors of interest to the investment community
- Liaise with other departments from the firm.