Manager, Public Sector, Supply Chain Transformation and Supply Management and Digital Procurement, Consulting, London or Regions
Our Public Sector practice has a strong and growing presence across central and regional Government, Healthcare Organisations, Regulators and governmental Arms-Length-Bodies.
We help our clients to deliver programmes across all parts of the public sector including Defence, Health and Social Care, Transport, Education, Welfare and Justice. Our strong relationships and the depth and breadth of our skills mean that we are working at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious programmes undertaken across government and in local public services.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
You will help transform and improve outcomes across the public sector, including Central Government, Defence, Security and Justice, Transport, Health and Social Care, Local Government and Arms Length Bodies. This work includes supporting clients to review and redesign their strategy, operations and technology to maximise financial value, value for money and improved outcomes for the public making an impact that matters.
You will spend the majority of your time working directly with our clients, helping them to solve their trickiest problems. This will include:
- Leading engagements and managing teams to deliver high quality outputs.
- Demonstrating domain expertise and strong analytical ability, including conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in-depth analysis.
- Leading client relationships, including presenting recommendations to clients with confidence.
- Being accountable for, and delivering reports, recommendations and conclusions for our clients.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
In addition, you will:
- Lead business development opportunities, for example the development of proposals.
- Support the development of junior talent.
- Commit to service-line development by supporting the innovation of our offerings and the organisation of team events, training sessions and recruitment activities.
You will sit within our Supply Chain and Network Operations, either within Supply Chain Transformation or Supply Management and Digital Procurement.
Our team is flexible, and colleagues often work across a number of areas. Examples of the kind of projects you could be working on include:
Your work, your choice
- Helping clients shape and deliver how they manage commercial and operational aspects of their delivery; be that third party spend, their operating model or the setup of new functions.
- Developing commercial strategies and supporting the execution of complex procurements across the sector.
- Delivering novel analytic solutions to drive faster decision making for the public sector.
- Using your understanding of global supply chain dynamics to improve supply chains with respect to resilience and sustainability.
- Working with health and social care commissioners to optimise healthcare services over an Integrated Care System (ICS) region to improve outcomes to the public
- Helping the public transport ecosystem exploit digital technologies.
- Designing and delivering new operating models for clients to enable the application of a corporate strategy or vision to an organisation, supporting the organisation to be organised more efficiently and effectively.
- Designing commissioning strategies to optimise performance and improve outcomes.
- Advise and deliver on transformational change to optimise technology.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Manchester with domestic and potentially some international travel.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Permanent full-time and part time patterns considered.
Our team members work a `variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
Your service line: Consulting
- A passion for making a difference to society through a balance of logical hands-on problem solving skills and cutting-edge thinking.
- An understanding of the major issues faced in the public sector and an interest in innovative solutions and strategies being undertaken by governments.
- Experience of influencing in high-profile, complex situations where stakeholders do not always agree about methods, decisions and strategic direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and to think creativity to solve client issues.
- Experience either from within industry or consultancy. Ideally, you will have had experience in more than one areas of the public sector.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLCONS BAETEC BAALI CFTECH