Manager, PRI Collaboration Platform
- Up to 50K depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Principles for Responsible Investment
- 08 Jan 18 2018-01-08
The Principles for Responsible Investment is an investor initiative in partnership with UNEP Finance Initiative and the UN Global Compact. Launched by former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, the PRI is a set of voluntary best practice principles to assist investors in integrating environmental, social and corporate governance issues into investment processes and ownership practices. The principles are supported by a Secretariat that promotes the PRI and provides implementation support to signatories. See www.unpri.org.
The PRI’s collaboration platform provides PRI signatories with a private forum to pool resources, share information and engage with listed companies, policymakers and other actors in the investment value chain on ESG issues. Over 500 PRI signatories have been involved in at least one collaborative initiative since the platform was launched at the end of 2006, and more than 800 collaborative proposals have been posted since then.
This role will support a multi-team project to develop, deliver and promote an online platform to i) support collaborative investor engagement activity and ii) information exchange by PRI staff and signatories. This platform will replace and broaden the scope of the existing PRI Collaboration Platform, which houses collaborative investor activities on ESG issues with investee companies.
The role will be supported by a systems analyst and IT functions, to enable technical aspects of the project, including data tracking and analysis, integration with Salesforce, the PRI’s website and other internal platforms.
This position is an opportunity to enable greater investor knowledge sharing, convening and collaboration in an online space. Success will be indicated by increased signatory participation and richer content. Knowledge and enthusiasm for sustainability and responsible investment will be needed alongside an understanding of the PRI’s other resource offerings and how to create a compelling destination for online interactions.
The post-holder will oversee the transition of the current PRI Collaboration Platform and one member of staff responsible for ensuring up to date content that is promoted via newsletter and alerts, and successful tracking of information for analysis.
Deliver a new “fit for purpose” collaboration platform which uses the most effective technology and easily promotes interactions amongst signatories :
- Work closely with the IT and Communications team to implement a new platform system, liaising with developers and ensuring user needs have been incorporated and tested.
- Consult with other PRI teams and signatories for input where necessary
- Report progress or budgetary concerns with line manager
- Ensure regular testing and deployment throughout development
- Prepare marketing materials and clear tutorials for the PRI team and signatories
Manage the current Collaboration Platform (supported by staffing resource):
- Manage administrative support staff that will assist with the delivery of the following aspects:
- Ensure timely uploads of new proposals through authorisation system, including accurate categorisation to support analysis
- Regularly review and request updates for priority engagements and posted initiatives, with support from ESG Engagement (ESGE) officers. Provide administrative support where possible/ appropriate
- Analyse platform usage quarterly using statistics, feedback from signatories and ESGE team
- Actively seek out results from shareholder resolutions data and run statistics on collaborative engagements and usage of the platform
- Manage and promote the pre-declaration of voting intention system within the platform
Promote uptake of the current collaboration platform internally and by signatories:
- Train PRI teams on the platform and its features
- Encourage increased participation with targeted updates for different networks
- Map out emerging collaborations and build relationships with leading organisations
- Develop the Collaboration Platform as a hub, monitoring external services and looking for synergies
- Prepare internal and external communications (weekly alerts and monthly newsletter update)
- Monitor views and usage data, and delivery quarterly statistics update.
This is a content and development role that requires understanding of user-interfaces relating to common technology platforms. As such fluency in both spoken and written English is essential along with a reasonable exposure to web technologies & collaborative online platforms.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Experience in delivering projects with diverse stakeholder needs, particularly in organisations with multinational audiences
- Experience mapping/migrating data or databases
- Understanding of how to translate user requirements and market to different stakeholder groups
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Diplomacy, tact, and ability to work well in teams
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Understanding of responsible investment and shareholder engagement activities
- Fluency in an additional language relevant to the financial markets
If you would like to apply please send a copy of your cover letter and CV before 5th February by clicking the button below.