Manager, Operating Model Transformation – Capital Markets (Risk), Consulting, London
The Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets practice has a history of building deep and long lasting relationships with our clients. We are proud to provide an unrivalled service and experience through a collaborative partnership with our clients to maximise their effectiveness, efficiency and profitability. Our team is passionate about delivering change to the financial services industry, with digital innovation at the heart of our approach. Our practitioners work on a variety of projects which include, design and delivery of operating models, process transformation and automation, robotics, cost reduction, structural reform, risk transformation and regulatory compliance.
The Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets team recognises that our success in the industry is due to our incredible people. We invest heavily in our practitioners providing them with the right tools, training and working flexibility to enable them to deliver and be successful in a rewarding and motivating working environment. Teamwork is at our core and we bring the Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets team together on a regular basis to share experiences and knowledge.
As a Manager in Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets, you will work on complex and challenging projects within the Capital Markets industry with a focus on the risk function. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow by using the practice's sophisticated tools and methodologies, whilst having the opportunity to build meaningful client relationships. You will also have the chance to work with and learn from some of the top practitioners in our firm. Business Operations
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
To be successful in this role, you will need to have had exposure to project work, risk functions and regulatory work and be able to understand front-to-back operations as well as the full trade life cycle, so that you can translate your findings into tangible solutions.
You should also be able to develop strong relationships, contribute innovative ideas, and manage change and ambiguity effectively and confidently. Your existing industry and project management knowledge/experience will be critical and will support your development in the team. We will provide you with the appropriate support to continually develop yourself, add real value and build credibility in the industry from an early stage.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the capital markets industry and will include:
Your work, your choice
- Risk transformation
- Regulatory impact assessment, gap analysis, design and implementation
- Operating model design and implementation
- Business architecture
- Process re-engineering
- Digital change
- Managed services
- Programme management
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Permanent role with potential for flexible working Your professional experience
As a Manager in Operating Model Transformation - Capital Markets, you will be responsible for understanding the clients' needs and supporting the clients with:
- Translating regulatory requirements into tangible business transformation and improvements;
- Producing quality deliverables that could entail designing and implementing operating models for transformation programmes;
- Documenting, designing, improving or transforming risk processes;
- Developing new processes and/or business requirements for the risk function;
- Supporting our clients with regulatory examinations and ongoing engagement with key regulatory bodies;
- Managing a number of work streams on large scale programmes.
You will also be expected to lead and manage more junior team members as well as to lead and support internal projects and business development work.
To qualify for the role you must have:
Your service line: Consulting
- A background in professional services or change functions in Capital Markets
- Experience in investment banking and the capital markets industry, e.g. knowledge of financial instruments, front-, middle- or back-office processes and controls, market infrastructure, risk management, etc.
- Knowledge of the UK and European financial regulatory environment (e.g. IBOR reform, BCBS regulations)
- Strong knowledge of risk and front office functions and front-to-back risk management framework, including an understanding of non-financial risks (e.g. operational risk, conduct risk)
- Strong understanding and experience of the project lifecycle
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of the Target Operating Model framework and project experience / exposure to certain components within it
- Experience managing small engagements and teams with no fewer than 3 individuals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship / stakeholder management skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Excellent project management experience
- Proven change management and change delivery ability
- Travel mobility
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Ref: RTWPROG WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 170286