Manager Market Tech Sales EMEA
- Competitive plus bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
The Manager will primarily be working towards generating new revenue streams building upon the products offered through CME’s market technology and data related services.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more. Accountabilities:
1. Successfully execute against a sales plan to generate a pipeline of commercialisation opportunities with 3rd party data, content and technology service providers, resulting in significant revenue, strategic, or distribution upside for CME Group.
2. Generate revenue opportunities across CME’s existing suite of market technology services including infrastructure (co-location & connectivity), data (historical and derived) and application services (CME Direct, Pivot, Elysian) 3. Build a deep knowledge in CME’s existing technology portfolio and its potential technology offerings of the future, including how they support CME’s core business. This expertise should be reinforced through regular market research, customer outreach and trend analysis, and leveraged in order to identify and validate new revenue opportunities and in the creation of impactful sales collateral.
1. Develop and grow a broad network of senior stakeholder relationships across CME’s existing and potential client base, together with potential technology and data partners, within the EMEA region. This network should facilitate proactive lead generation, ad-hoc marketing efforts and sales campaigns, and customer research. 2. Effective pipeline management, knowledge sharing and periodic reporting through the use of the SalesForce CRM tool. The Manager will primarily be working towards generating new revenue streams building upon the products offered through CME’s market technology and data related services. The role will involve significant customer interaction to capture evolving customer needs and requirements at a macro level and will also entail mapping such requirements back to potential technology and data solutions made available through tailored partnership deals with 3rd party vendors. The Manager will help to build business cases around such opportunities to evaluate their relative impact in terms of revenue, strategy and distribution, and will work closely with relevant stakeholders in CME to validate new solutions. The Manager will work alongside the Head of EMEA Market Technology Sales to negotiate and execute such deals. The Manager will also be assigned customer accounts to sell existing CME market technology products including CME proprietary front-end systems, market data, connectivity and co-location services. They will field customer questions ranging from technical, policy, pricing, and product structure aspects of these offerings where they will need to frame, defend, research, or continue exploring opportunities with the customer to gain a sale. The role will need to define product needs that will vary across regions (e.g. NOAM, EMEA, APAC, LATAM) and customer segments (e.g. props, banks, etc) to ensure we are targeting the right customers with the right products at the right price. The role makes autonomous decisions on the frequency of customer interaction through a sales process, how to navigate the firm to get to the right stakeholder or business owner, and sees all sales through to contract execution. The Manager will have a deep understanding of our existing technology suite of offerings and a foundational knowledge in CME core markets, but will also continually seek to understand emerging technology trends which may impact capital markets such as the digitization of assets, machine learning, cloud and edge computing, and other FinTech trends relevant to capital markets. Requirements:
Demonstrable industry experience preferable in a direct sales or business development role. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent. Salesforce and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
See Job Description