- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 01 Oct 17
Manager, Group Financial Reporting
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Manager - Group Financial Reporting
The Financial Reporting team (based in London) within Group finance is responsible for:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Enter roles and responsibilities
- Responsibility for the preparation of certain financial sections of the Group SC PLC Annual report and Accounts, annual consolidation, financial process and related preliminary external market results announcements
- Ensure accuracy of financial numbers and key performance indicators and liaison with Country Finance teams across the Group to improve reporting.
- Build and maintain an effective control environment around the Group consolidation and financial reporting process
- Preparation of a business focused, concise analytical review through an annotated preliminary announcement together with a detailed understanding of the disclosures made throughout the Annual report
- Assist preparation of papers for Board, Audit and Risk Committees on the results announcements and developments in financial reporting
- Ensure Group reporting deadlines are met and the output of the information is timely, reliable and informative
- Liaise with external auditors to support the resolution of accounting and reporting issues faced by countries and completion of Group audit process.
- Provide subject matter expertise by keeping up to date with subject matter knowledge and best practice in this area
- Actively develop a culture of continuous improvement. Review processes, procedures and requirements, on a regular basis, to identify areas for improvement and drive through the necessary changes
- Ensure that the integrity of the financial data remains within the highest standard, by ensuring that adequate financial and process controls in place.
- Guide counterparts in the Shared Service Centre team in Chennai to support and deliver Group Finance team objectives, driving excellence in service
- Establish strong working relationships with Country Finance teams across the network and KPMG to support the resolution of accounting and reporting issues faced by countries.
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
- University degree or equivalent
- Qualified accountant with a Financial Services background
- Experience and understanding of a relevant financial functional area such as financial reporting or financial control in a bank
- Very strong analytical and report writing skills essential
- The initiative and curiosity to challenge current processes and develop effective alternative solutions
- A high level of commitment and enthusiasm
- Proven interpersonal, influencing and team working skills and the ability to communicate at multiple levels
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and cope with the demand of working to tight deadlines
- Strong control awareness including the understanding of key controls required in a bank.
- A team player who is able to grasp new concepts and apply existing technical knowledge in order to identify and resolve issues
How To Apply
can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.