Coller Capital are looking to add a Financial Markets Research Manager to their team. The successful candidate will support the raising and investment of Coller funds by developing the firm’s market research function.
Support the raising and investment of Coller funds by:
- Developing the firm’s market research function.
- Researching and analysing financial markets, to produce insightful, high-impact communications materials.
- Optimising usage of the firm’s market-related insights to support development of the firm’s brand.
- Delivering essential insights (business intelligence, private markets, benchmarking analysis) to senior IR/Investment professionals, and senior management.
- Produce market-related content to support capital raising, investor relations and deal origination, including the production of presentations and white papers. To include:
- Researching and analysing financial markets, using both internal and external resources (and any personal networks) to deliver insights on markets, competitors and origination opportunities. Utilise both written content and financial modelling of statistics.
- Driving innovation in the firm’s market-related IP, proposing new forms of intellectual capital and new uses for the firm’s existing IP.
Keeping up to date with the market, both externally and through a close relationship with the firm’s Investment and Investor Relations teams.
- Leading editorial content and projects as part of our continuous LP outreach program.
- Designing papers, slides and graphs, and ensuring that the resultant content “tells a story” that supports the firm’s market positioning. Managing the production of marketing material (from design to delivery).
- Proactively advising stakeholders on market developments and investment opportunities.
- Lead research projects to identify opportunities in private markets, and extending our market insight – and outreach – into more areas of the private capital universe (regional and by asset class).
- Create tailored conference-speaking materials for senior professionals, to support the firm’s engagement with institutional investors and other target audiences.
Deliver data and messaging for use by the firm’s executives in leading financial and PE press to help build the firm’s brand positioning.
Leverage the firm’s data resources (both internal and external) to derive insights.
Team management: Market intelligence Associate’s line management.
Qualifications & Experience
- Highly intelligent, with strong academic qualifications, the successful candidate will be able to hold his/her own in an intellectually challenging environment. (A good first degree is a minimum requirement).
- Strong background in financial markets.
- Proven expertise in generating insightful market commentary/communications by sourcing and analysing market, business and economic data.
- Experience within an Investment Banking (or Private Equity) context of delivering thoughtful, tailored presentations.
- Highly numerate, with strong analytic and visual presentation skills. (Good familiarity with MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint will be essential)
- Good business writing skills
- Project and stakeholder management skills
- Confidence as a speaker and communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
- An energetic, proactive and flexible attitude
- A focus on results, not simply on process
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic