Manager, Capital Programmes - Public Sector, Human Capital Consulting, London, UK
Youropportunity Leadingbusiness transformation for high profile, complex and large capital programmes
TheCapital Programmes team within Deloitte's Human Capital Consulting practiceworks with organisations across capital intensive sectors, who are deliveringlarge, complex capital programmes and managing the operations and maintenanceof major infrastructure assets.
Ourwork spans across a number of sectors, which include: Transport, Power andUtilities, Oil and Gas, Mining, Defence, Manufacturing, and Telecommunications.
Ourteam comprises a blend of those who have worked previously in industry (in bothtechnical and non-technical roles) and those who have prior Consultingexperience involved with but not limited to Capital Programmes. The strengthand value our team brings to our clients and Deloitte is a result of ourcollectively diverse and highly relevant industry insights and experience. Throughour experience of delivering capital programmes and managing infrastructureassets, we understand that the complexity of challenges our clients facerequires us to leverage a diverse range of skillsets and experiences to be ableto effectively partner and support our clients.
Thisis evident in the projects we undertake and client challenges we look to solve thatsee us making use of the breadth and depth of expertise within Deloitte. Forexample, we have strong ties into Deloitte Digital, Risk Advisory, Real Estateand Corporate Finance. As a global centre of excellence for Capital Programmeswithin the firm, we are also engaged by other geographies and member firms toprovide insight and input on some of the biggest global and high profile engagements.Our connections and network enable us to deliver the right outcome for ourclients, while bringing new approaches and perspectives to our team'scapabilities and offerings.
TheCapital Programmes team will provide you with an opportunity to work across anumber of sectors and deploy your experience and insights to help our clientssuccessfully deliver their programmes, manage their operations and maintaintheir infrastructure assets. You will have access to a recognised developmentprogramme for each grade and a number of market leading frameworks that havebeen successfully implemented on high profile projects by our team. Human Capital
Join the world'sleading HR and people transformation business and help create the Future ofWork for major corporations. You'll develop trusted relationships with seniorbusiness stakeholders. As part of apractice that brings research and analytics expertise together with deepindustry knowledge, you'll develop change programmes that are not onlyinnovative, but deliver the most positive impact for all. Our International Reach
As a globalorganisation, we work with clients in the UK and around the world. As part ofDeloitte's North South Europe firm and we are also investing in the Middle Eastgiven the significant amount of transformational work in the region,particularly within the Public Sector. We are looking to leverage global bestpractice and strengthen our team that focuses on opportunities in the MiddleEast, in specifically Saudi Arabia. It is therefore intended that these roleswill be primarily targeted at projects in the Middle East but will also involveworking in the UK and other regions depending on future demand. Are you looking toreturn to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and supportdesigned for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help yourtransition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. Ifthis is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make yourapplication. Yourrole
We are looking for a Manager to join our team toadvise and work alongside our clients to improve their operations and ways ofworking and deliver their critical programmes.
You can expect to beinvolved with:
- Assisting with the designand development of large capital programmes (including the effective planningand scheduling of work, portfolio management, capability assessments, assetinformation and reporting, and governance structure and controls)
- Managing teams andworkstreams including the development of engagement plans, managing criticalpaths and interdependencies, between workstreams that are implementing changefor capital programme organisations including, but not limited to:
- Change Managementspanning impact and readiness assessment across changes to Processes
- Organisation design
- Governance mechanisms
- Performance reporting,and
- Programme controls
- Progress reporting,risk management and financial controls in relation to the programme orworkstream
- The growth of clientrelationships and contributing to business development materials
- The development ofour propositions and industry points of view
- Mentoring andcoaching of teams and team members.
Yourresponsibilities will flex depending on the size and nature of engagements,expertise within the project team and client requirements. Yourwork, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is thevalue we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agileways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact forour people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the workingpattern that works best for you.
Based in London, UKwith domestic and international travel, particularly to the Middle Eastincluding Saudi Arabia.
This is a permanent contract opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full-time /part-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns.Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Consulting
- Extensive experience working in one or more capital intensive industries across the private and public sectors, including Telecommunications, Oil and Gas, Transport, Power and Utilities, Manufacturing, Mining and Defence, including the respective regulators in these sectors
- Experience of managing and delivering workstreams or projects associated with major capital programmes or managing large infrastructure assets through either working for an organisation operating in one of the above sectors, or for a management consulting or professional services firm
- Experience of structuring work and leading teams to successful outcomes, even in highly ambiguous situations
- Experience in project management, including development of plans across workstreams and management of critical paths and dependencies in a project
- Experience of progress reporting and risk management
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills across all levels of an organisation including senior management
- Commercial experience around infrastructure ownership and project delivery (e.g. supply chain challenges, risks and controls, incentivisation)
- Commercial experience associated with engagement management (including bidding, performance management etc.)
- Experience of contributing to thought leadership, points of view and publications
- Experience of contributing to business strategy
- Problem solving, creative thinking and analytical skills
- Mentoring, coaching or managing others in project teams and in other parts of the business
- Self-starting with high degree of personal motivation and drive
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value ?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 170857