Manager, Banking Technology - Payments
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
Manager, Banking Technology - Payments
With an unmatched reputation for industry insight, technical expertise and delivery excellence, EY is experiencing significant growth within its Performance Improvement financial services consulting practice. We are continuing to expand our payments advisory team and are looking to recruit individuals with the combined knowledge of payments systems and processes, banking, business and technology to join this team.
We have already attracted significant senior talent from both industry and consulting to drive the growth of this business, and are now looking to recruit a number of high calibre individuals at the Manager level.
The Advisory team provide high impact/high value consulting services to financial services clients. Our particular focus is operating as a preferred client side advisor, leveraging the experience of our people to provide the highest quality advisory across the following domains:
- IT Strategy, including situation diagnostic, strategy formulation, due diligence, and merger/divestment
- IT Effectiveness, including cost reduction, portfolio management, vendor/product selection/management
- Enterprise Architecture, including assessment, design, tools and methods
- Business Change, including target operating model design, process analysis, improvement and re-engineering
- Implementation, including scope definition, requirements analysis, solution design, test assurance, migration advisory
- Assurance, including programme health checks, QA reviews, programme management, design authority
- Technical Architecture and Infrastructure, including assessment, design and delivery
- Channels, including digital transformation and channel innovation
- Customer Lifecycle, including insight, service, loyalty
- Regulations, including PSDII, SEPA, ring-fencing
- Payments, including alternative payments, separations and mergers, Payments re-platforming
- Core Banking, including legacy rationalisation, portfolio separation (e.g., divestment, ring-fencing) and platform implementation
- Manage a diverse range of client assignments, usually as part of an on-site project team
- Manage on-site EY teams
- Develop thought leadership and build EY solutions and methods
- Identify opportunities for new business and support bid teams with proposals
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with our clients
- Support EY practice and people development through activities such as recruitment
Skills and attributes for success
- Business consulting or IT advisory
- Systems Integration
- Banking, from an internal consulting, architecture or change delivery/business analysis function
- Digital banking including defining, designing and delivering digital banking solutions.
- Payments design, from an internal consulting, architecture or change delivery/business analysis function
- Payments Application software (e.g. C2P, Dovetail, FDI, D&H, ACI, TSYS) from a pre-sales, architecture or internal consulting function
- Core Banking Application software (e.g. Avaloq, ERI, C&W, Fidelity, Fiserv, Misys, Oracle, Temenos) from a pre-sales, architecture or internal consulting function
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of technology advisors focussing on projects for our banking clients
- Experience of developing sales collateral such as proposal responses
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance