Manager, Balance Sheet Management
Manager, Balance Sheet Management
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the tea m that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the
funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
Key working relationships:
• Finance - key interaction point for developing balance sheet stress tests, investment and planning analysis; key stakeholders in the development of new reporting and management information and responsible for determining the accounting treatments used for assets being placed on balance sheet. Also responsible for corporate cash management.
• Capital Markets - responsible for the origination and structuring of investor vehicles; key interaction point for the setting of funding strategy and the review of new transactions.
• Risk - provide second line risk management; partners to Finance in the development of balance sheet stress testing. As owners of the firm's credit strategy are a key partner in the assessment of asset performance (existing and projected loan originations).
What we are looking for:
• Design and production of balance sheet stress testing and associated risk appetite metrics.
• Design and production of management reporting for the Balance Sheet Management Committee
and supporting working groups as required.
• Development of analysis/models to support the development of balance sheet investment performance analysis and funding strategy.
• Design and build of balance sheet management models and process documentation for models/procedures.
• Development of Balance Sheet Management policy documentation.
• Support/coordination of information required for new transaction reviews.
• Collaboration with the Capital Markets and Finance team to provide oversight of funding availability for the loan originations pipeline.
• Support of the broader team and Head of Balance Sheet Management in the continued development of the balance sheet management framework.
• Other ad hoc analysis, documentation as required in support of the function.
It would be ideal if you have:
• Knowledgeable of finance services products and the broader prudential regulatory domain.
• Experienced in the production of stress testing, broader balance sheet analysis and management reporting.
• Interested in working in a dynamic, fintech environment.
• An analytical thinker, process and control focussed.
• A collaborative and proactive worker, who enjoys taking end-to-end responsibility for tasks.
• Confident communicator.
• Capable of flexing to a range of tasks, organised and able to manage projects.
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target -driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something
It's in ou r differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.