Manager, Accounting Operations Assurance, Banking & Capital Markets, Audit & Assurance, London
Your opportunity Our Banking and Capital Markets Group is a dedicated team of 400+ professionals with deep technical accounting and financial reporting and audit skills, and a multi-disciplinary team of specialists advising on a range of topics to the banking and capital markets industry.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role, we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Our Accounting Operations Assurance team enables banking CXOs to create world class operations and finance functions by assessing and providing insights on the organisation, strategy, processes, systems and controls; resulting in enhanced capabilities, efficiency, cost reduction and performance. Our team advises clients on finance and operations modernisation, effectiveness of control design & operation, transformation, process redesign and improvements, whether effected through optimisation, restructuring and/or regulatory changes.
Our client base includes some of the most prestigious names in the banking and investment banking sectors, including:
- Large banking organisations with complex structures requiring optimisation
- Major UK and global banks with extensive financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Challenger banks looking to modernise finance and operational functions
- Investment firms gearing up for regulatory-driven changes
- Fintechs looking to disrupt traditional banks and grow at a rapid pace
We provide services to clients such as:
Your work, your choice
- Supporting the C-Suite in defining a clear vision, strategy and roadmap by building on current performance & capabilities, business insights and stakeholder expectations to create value.
- Assessing and evaluating the finance function including full close, consolidate and reporting process.
- Providing insights and advice to enhance the finance operating model including processes, reconciliations and systems.
- Assisting in set up, documentation and evaluation of control frameworks.
- Providing assurance over design & implementation of controls, controls remediation and peer benchmarking.
- Supporting SOX controls testing programs and test of effectiveness.
- Assisting in navigating through changes in regulation (e.g. OCIR, Brexit, SMCR), accounting change (e.g. IFRS 9) or supporting the client's ability to deal with significant one-off transactions or events including a transition of ownership, M&A, private equity or IPO.
- Using our expertise and experience with peer clients to help redesign and implement solutions or tools in response to internal or external demands.
- Supporting our clients in addressing short-term capability and capacity constraints by providing qualified resources to sustain day-to-day activities or project-driven requirements.
- Support in the provision of high quality advice and insights to financial services firms on their organization, processes and controls;
- Managing a wide range of client assignments in areas of finance and operational modernisation, effectiveness of control design & operation and related regulatory changes;
- Supporting clients in defining a clear vision, strategy and roadmap for their finance function, including full close, consolidation and reporting process;
- Assist clients in the setup, documentation and evaluation of control frameworks or deficiencies;
- Manage controls assurance projects across several work streams simultaneously, managing senior stakeholders' expectations; and
- Working in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity.
The role can be worked on a full time/part time basis. Your professional experience
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
- Significant financial services experience (controls assurance, audit, risk assurance or enterprise risk);
- Experience in the banking industry and/or relevant financial services sectors;
- Ideally, experience in assisting with change in finance, operations or governance;
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills;
- Effective time management and commitment to work to tight deadlines; and
- Excellent organization, planning and project management abilities.
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172477