Manager - People Consulting (Financial Services) Organisation Design
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 19
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help our clients to perform in an increasingly complex world. The FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations.
Our five main services areas are:
• Organisational Transformation
• Workforce Transformation
• HR Transformation
• Risk and Conduct Change
• Learning Solutions
We are seeking an experienced consultant with experience of working with Financial Services clients. The individual must have knowledge and skills in Organisational Transformation, with a particular focus on Organisation Design (OD). Experience with OrgVue or other OD technology will be a significant advantage, as will knowledge of workforce transformation approaches.
The candidate will need to have the following experience:
• Organisation Design, including:
o Experience in analysing organisational structures, costs, value chain, and undertaking spans and layers analysis.
o Experience in working with senior stakeholders to develop Organisation Design principles and Design options.
o Designing and managing OD projects from start to finish, including strategy, baselining, design and implementation.
o Strong knowledge of broader Operating Model design and change approaches.
o Use of OD tools and technology, particularly OrgVue.
• Change Management, including:
o Planning and managing communications activities as part of transformation programmes.
o Stakeholder analysis and engagement approaches.
o Setting up and managing other change management activities as part of transformation programmes (e.g. Change Leadership, Change Champions, engagement events, training).
The People Consulting Manager will:
• Lead the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with colleagues from other areas of Management Consulting
• Contribute to People Consulting business development, including working with key account teams to scope opportunities or developing compelling and winning proposals
• Manage a small team of consultants and/or facilitate client teams
• Provide specialist Learning and OD advice
• Work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Manage quality/risk issues and suggest solutions.
• Contribute to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers and to the People Consulting practice more generally
• Formal and informal coaching and development of team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development.
The successful candidate will:
• Be credible and confident building new relationships at senior levels
• Have established themselves in the market place as credible in learning and OD practices
• Experience in the implementation of change and or regulatory change initiatives e.g. Financial Crime, SMCR, MIFID, Conduct Risk, Culture audit or other regulatory areas is preferable
• Coach and develop team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
• Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders (at all organisational levels).
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Experience working with Financial Services clients
• Use of OD tools and technology, particularly OrgVue
• Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential
• Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential