Manager - People Consulting (Financial Services)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Mar 19
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations.
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations. Our five key proposition areas are:
• HR Transformation
• Learning Solutions
• Organisational Transformation
• Risk and Conduct Change
• Workforce Transformation
We are seeking an FS PC Manager with experience of working within Banking. The individual must have knowledge and skills in Learning and Organisation Design (OD). They must also have proven experience working on and / or leading Transformational Learning and OD work streams or projects within Banking and wider Financial Services.
The candidate will need to have the following experience:
• Learning Design and Development - manage the delivery of high quality client project work and complex learning programmes. Specifically learning strategy, identifying business learning needs, design, development and delivery of digital and ILT products, development and maintenance of learning roadmaps, measurement of learning impact and implementation of learning certification.
• Organisation Design and experience in analysis of determining an organisation’s cost buckets, establishing the organisation’s baseline in the context of Organisational Design, and undertaking spans and layers analysis.
The People Consulting Manager will:
• Lead the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with colleagues from other areas of Management Consulting
• Manage a small team of consultants and/or facilitate client teams
• Provide specialist Learning and OD advice
• Knowledge of Behavioural Change Management (BCM) and Regulatory Conduct Change is preferable
• Work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Manage quality/risk issues and suggest solutions.
• Contribute to People Consulting business development, including working with key account teams to scope opportunities or developing compelling and winning proposals.
• Contribute to the development of methodologies, tools, thought leadership papers and to the People Consulting practice more generally
• Formal and informal coaching and development of team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development.
The successful candidate will:
• Be credible and confident building new relationships at senior levels
• Have established themselves in the market place as credible in learning and OD practices
• Experience in the implementation of change and or regulatory change initiatives e.g. Financial Crime, SMCR, MIFID, Conduct Risk, Culture audit or other regulatory areas is preferable
• Coach and develop team members to ensure excellent client delivery whilst also enabling their career development
• Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to influence senior stakeholders (at all organisational levels).
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Experience of Investment Banking and Retail Banking is preferred
• Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential
• Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential