Manager - Operations - Insurance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Nov 18
We are seeking a Manager to deliver operations transformation engagements in the Insurance sector.
The Team and opportunity
Our Insurance Transformation team, is at the heart of supporting our clients in shaping, planning and delivering critical business change. The team focuses on transforming the performance of organisations helping them focus on the customer to drive growth and implement an operating model that is efficient.
Our clients are experiencing significant disruption. The rapid adoption of new digital technologies, the emergence of non-traditional competitors and more stringent regulations mean that today’s Insurance customers are more empowered, demanding and price conscious.
We are seeking a Manager to deliver operations transformation engagements in the Insurance sector. The role will also require supporting major bids and proposals, and delivering streams of work within complex transformation programmes.
Our Insurance Transformation team, within the Management Consulting practice, is a priority growth area for KPMG with significant investment plans and big growth ambitions. Joining us offers the opportunity to work with Insurance sector clients on exciting, high profile and leading edge engagements with the potential to:
• Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a growing team
• Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with focused learning & development with a world class brand
• Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader
The main duties and responsibilities of the job
• Using Insurance experience and knowledge, lead small engagements including setting up the engagement, scoping the work, planning the work and briefing and leading a team of consultants.
• Managing senior client stakeholders to ensure that they are happy with the progress and deliverables
• Supporting the development and delivery of the operational excellence proposition to sell to clients
• Participating in business development activities such as responding to RFPs (requests for proposals) and presenting or pitching to clients to win new business
• Managing and developing junior members of the team
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the role
• Hands on consulting experience on transformation programmes using programme/project management techniques.
• Experience working in the Insurance sector (preferably Commercial specialty and personal SME) is essential.
• Experience in applying intelligent automation (RPA, EPA, Machine Learning or Cognitive) within transformation programmes.
• Insurance operating model design experience preferable.
• Qualification in Lean and/or Agile from a recognised institution desirable but not essential.
The Insurance Transformation practice focusses on the delivery of strategic changes that encompass innovation, customer experience, growth transformation, regulatory change and large scale cost reduction/efficiency improvements.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options.