Manager - Finance Transformation (National Markets)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 19
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Manager to join our entrepreneurial National Markets FT team. Working closely with the leadership team you will play an important part in delivering our growth strategy and will manage teams to deliver quality client engagements. The role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a growing team where you will be supporting senior managers in driving the sales pipeline and building relationships with clients to develop further opportunities. You will work across our capability offerings for a broad range of clients across sectors ensuring no one day is the same.
In the Finance Transformation (FT) team, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of finance functions and generate real insights to help deliver value to our clients. Our mission is to be the leading FT practice in the UK market, to be number one in our focus markets, and to be recognised as innovators in finance technology.
Aligned to the KPMG operating model, in FT we are structured by market segment (National Markets, Corporates and Financial Services) with our consultants having deep industry specific expertise. Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues.
Our team is also structured by capability, providing specialist services and solutions such as Integrated Finance Transformation, Enterprise Performance Management, Global Business Services and Intelligent Automation.
Working within the FT team will provide an unparalleled opportunity to gain experience in target operating model design, robotic process automation and the latest innovative technology supporting Finance Functions.
It is critical candidates are willing to support quality client delivery, business development and development of innovative offerings and thought leadership to challenge our clients thinking in this area.
Specific service offerings are:
- Integrated Finance Transformation – Including helping CFOs to clearly define the finance vision and strategy, analyse the performance of the finance function, and design and implement a future state operating model (covering all aspects of people, process and technology) that is fit for purpose and leading edge.
- Enterprise Performance Management - Working closely with clients we help them with all aspects of performance reporting and decision making.
- Global Business Services - helping CFOs to improve the overall service delivery model of the Finance Function through shared services, centres of excellence and outsourcing. We design and implement operating model solutions to make Finance faster, simpler and cheaper.
- Intelligent Automation – driving efficiency opportunities through Robotics, and new technologies such as advanced data analytics, machine learning and cognitive services.
- Engagement delivery: leading and managing projects or work-streams of medium size and complexity (including analysing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and attending client meetings)
- Business development: developing and sustaining relationships with client management; supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work).
- Risk management: identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- People development: identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
- Practice development: taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
Successful candidates should have strong finance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills / experience:
- Accountancy qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent
- Strong experience within a project / finance change (either from consulting experience or from working in a Finance Function, thought prior consulting experience is preferable)
- High quality project delivery experience and strong knowledge related to our financial management capability offerings
- Experience of working in client facing role delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
- Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions. Strong excel skills preferable
- Has strong overall business awareness, understands commercial value and risks associated with consulting work
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills. Visio skills desirable but not essential
- Finance systems understanding (e.g. Oracle Fusion, MS Dynamics, etc.)
- Good communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships
- Flexibility to travel. Note that although this role is based in the North region, the team covers the UK market. Limited international / European travel anticipated.
- Understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance function and trends in Finance
- Able to demonstrate project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality project or workstream outputs
- Experience of delivering on a project, proposal writing and presenting to clients, or equivalent
- Strong people manager, able to lead small teams and develop others.