Leading London Market (re)Insurance Group are looking for a highly commercial accountant to manage a Business Partnering function.
A large London Market (re)insurance group with a global presence in looking for a commercially astute manager to join their Finance Business Partnering function. In this role you will be responsible for developing strong relationships at senior levels within the Underwriting fraternity and act as the first point of contact for financial management queries, as well as explaining the key drivers in the business planning process. The main areas of delivery in this role will be to:
- Business Partner the senior leadership and business stakeholders across the London market business unit (BU)
- Provide leadership and direction to the FP&A Team whilst working closely with the wider function.
- Manage and develop an FP&A Analyst (direct report), while providing leadership and guidance to other team members as needed
- Proactively and independently problem solve issues across the BU and seek out opportunities to add value in the business
- Take the business through their result and be able to explain and analyse any deviations to the results.
- Be responsible for co-ordinating collection and review of business inputs for Plan and ensuring that they understand the full P&L and how this has evolved throughout the process
- Present the Plan for their area to BU leadership and be on hand to resolve queries as needed
- Operate as the key lead for London FP&A Projects e.g. 5 year Strategic Vision
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant post-qualification experience (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) gained in a non-life insurance organisation. You will need to have good grasp of US GAAP and have an understanding of insurance accounting principles. You will need to have excellent communication skills and be comfortable presenting at all levels.