Manager - Customer Marketing EMEA
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 03 Apr 18 2018-04-03
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Manager, Customer Marketing (London)
CME Group, the world’s largest derivatives exchange, is looking for a new customer marketing manager for our London team.
The primary purpose of this role is to expand our customer marketing efforts in Europe. The Marketing Manager is responsible for helping to develop and oversee marketing campaigns focused on new client acquisition as well as customized account based marketing initiatives. The Marketing Manager will work directly with the sales teams to develop and implement these campaigns.
This role is designed for an individual with a strong understanding of financial markets, a demonstrated track record of B2B marketing success and a willingness and creativity to be part of a global marketing team.
This position will report to the Director, Customer Marketing for EMEA.
This role requires an understanding of the different segments of CME Group customers and how to deliver targeted marketing to meet their needs. It will also require the ability to identify the most effective marketing nurture programs based on analysis of the “marketing qualified” leads and to share best practices and results with the broader marketing team. This role will be responsible for collaborating with our marketing and sales teams directly to ensure successful campaign management. Additionally, this role will also lead the tracking and measuring marketing effectiveness in these campaigns and adjust tactics as needed to maximize campaign performance.
Primary focus areas include:
Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
Helps to build the account-based marketing program at CME Group by executing, creating, and concepting ABM tactics for selected customer accounts in collaboration with the customer marketing director.
Manages measurement system for all account-based marketing activities, in partnership with a customer marketing colleague in our Chicago office. Tracks results through a quarterly report to marketing and sales leadership teams on the progress of this initiative.
Creates and communicates “best practices” across the marketing division showcasing results from ABM initiatives and develops subject matter expertise.
Researches and understands target client needs and behaviors to customize marketing tactics to accelerate achievement of account goals.
New Client Acquisition
- This individual will be the singular point person for EMEA and will own the marketing lead queue for new client acquisition at CME Group, a crucial function to ensure the success of the NCA initiative.
Performs research and analysis to enrich data and evaluate readiness of marketing qualified leads (MQLs) for hand-off to sales.
Measures results across lead nurture campaigns using data to develop best practices on lead scoring, response and conversion rates.
Partners with internal stakeholders to leverage and find new data sources for lead generation marketing efforts.
Works closely with regional sales leadership to ensure agreement on priorities, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities.
Provides input to education and content teams on the content needs by country and type of customer
Regional Marketing Tactics
Works with sales team on EMEA regional events and initiatives with third party partners to ensure all deliverables are handled seamlessly. This includes the management of event forms, materials, and post-event data within CRM systems.
Acts as an extension of the Director of customer marketing for EMEA, working closely with all sales teams to ensure regional marketing activities are targeted and organized.
Plays a critical role in the delivery of the country plans, helps to drive new lead generation in five focus countries within EMEA.
The role requires experienced application of the following tactics and channels:
- Online promotion and website management
- Related advertising
- Direct marketing for targeted customers
- Industry events/tradeshows
- Content development – marketing collateral and education materials
- Content distribution plans and strategy development
- Social Media
- Competitive analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field required, MBA a plus.
- Demonstrable marketing experience with exposure to the finance industry and understanding of financial markets is required.
- Demonstrable experience of driving a lead generation process.
- Strong sense of collaboration and ability to work as part of a growing global team as well as with people of all levels
- Comfortable in a global, matrixed organization and working in cross functional teams
- Experience in analyzing and presenting marketing performance data to improve marketing performance and approach
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong ability to partner and maintain positive working relationships across internal teams and external customers/agencies/vendors
- Proven ability to make decisions, manage projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Leader that can gain the support and efforts of stakeholders, teams and task owners
- Proactively offers solutions, promotes and sell ideas persuasively, projects a positive professional image, works through conflicts, works effectively under stress, and operates independently to respond to change and ambiguity
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Pardot and Google Analytics a plus.
Scheduling, & Location Requirements:
5-10% travel required.
See Job Description